Thursday, September 27, 2007

God's always teaching!

I wanted to take a few minutes to fill you in on our life yesterday and the adventure. I sat down to blog yesterday and the phone rang and I spent time catching up w/ a good friend, so this is my first chance to sit and blog, and this one is going to be quick b/c I have to run and p/u a friends little boy from preschool and then meet her for lunch....Susan I won't be late I promise! lol....so my house is a WRECK again, but I have plans to get it back in order again this afternoon...I had a denist appointment this morning and left here early. so NOTHIING got done this morning.

so YESTERDAY....someone decided they liked the back in of the element enough to hit it....hard....so I received a phone call....yes the dreaded phone call, especially for me.....from Alex saying, "someone hit the car.." my first reaction was to just cry...I was so glad it was him calling me and not someone else telling me, so I knew he was ok ( he was mad and I was glad, b/c to me that meant he was already thinking about the car and the trouble it was going to cause us....which meant he wasn't hurt) and I wanted to cry b/c I LOVE that car! It's still "new" me to and I have an emotionial attachment to it....I know you shouldn't store up treasures on earth, and I don't think that is what it is to me, but I do look at that car as a ending to a trying time in our life. Alex and I bought the green element at the end of all the "stuff" from his accident....to me it was a turning point for us....back to enjoying life. SO loosing this car is going to be hard...no not hard, hard it your dad dying right before you get married...hard is your husband falling and breaking 3 lims and "crushing" his left hand...hard is understanding reality and yet trying to have faith that your God knows best and that your God has a perfect plan. Loosing this car doesn't add up to the "hard" I have already experiened in my life. BUT I will miss the car and the "meaning" that is was to me. I am already praying that I will have a good attitude about the whole thing. I need to be thankful that Alex is ok and THAT'S IT, to be willing to go through the hassle of the situation, and not be mad, but thankful and that alone! So I am choosing to look at this as an adventure, the place that God will take us to next....I may not be sure what reason is, but that is not my problem, my "thing" is to trust and obey and to have a good attitude about it! As I have said before....."it's for our good and God's glory!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the car! That stinks! But it's good that Alex is alright. I really hope the rest of your week is better, and that God will give you peace thru all the chaos. We will talk soon, definitely by Sunday morning! It'll be fun! Love ya. -Tara

Susan said...

Again, I am so glad that Alex is okay. And that is the most important thing. And thanks again for picking up Davis. It was so nice to not have to worry about how I was going to be in 2 places at once. We enjoyed lunch too!