Saturday, September 15, 2007

the org. date is Sun, July 15.2007

Ok so as most of you will know Alex and I have been in a new church for about 2 months. I feel so blessed that the transitions has been so ummm smooth. I have personally struggled w/ the change...in fact that subject came up today at church when I was talking to two people I am volunteering w/...they both "love change" and I said i didn't like it and they truly seemed to not understand; which of course made me wonder. Why I don't like change...is that just me, is that just "how life is?" I quickly realized that for most of my life "change" was a negative thing...ei...moving away from home(they road my extented family all lived on) at 9, my parents loosing their contract w/ the turkey company, my parents loosing their farm, dad starting a new business, moving from a rental house into my grandparents, my dad getting cancer, dad's surgury "changing" from what we had expected, dad dying(a month before I got married), Alex's accident, at this point(w/o sitting here to think about it) I have run out of negative changes, but to me these were all major events in my life and on the flip side, I'm not sure there are as many positives for me. ok ok so getting on to the point, I have been considering all of the negatives and now w/ the wonderful 20/20 vision you can have when you look back, I know that all of those negitves were perfectly places where God intented them to be, at the time, I didn't understand them, all the way down to not understanding why we were called away from Weddington Communtiy Church...but still I see it, it is to move us forward. to move ME forward to what God has called me to be. But still I need to work on excepting change, because if I can't embrace change knowing that all change is for His glory, then I might miss my calling! I can sit here and think about all those negitives or I can sit here and know I am EXACTLY where God wants me! Which is what I choose! I feel change coming, and going on right now, I can't explain it, I just know it. Pastor Stephen even spoke of it today, I felt as if it was just for me! If you are struggling w/ change then look up his podcast for today just go to itunes.com search elevation church and listen to the podcast for 7/15/07 titled "Most of the time I am scared to death" it is REALLY good! and it is free! LOL Ok so once again I feel like I have made this way to long SORRY! I just have one more thing to say...it is something that a friend of my moms told me when dad was in the hospital dying, I couldn't understand it at that moment(in fact it made me mad) and maybe you won't either, but I NEVER forgot it either and I don't think I ever will, I am still learning the meaning w/ every new event in my life! and the saying is "EVERYTHING happens for our good and GOD's glory!" So hold on tight, it might be a hard ride, but it's worth it!

No comments: