Tuesday, October 2, 2007

stretched......

So I am feeling really really stretched right now.....there are two events in my life where I feel like it is going to never end!...the first is the "car stuff" it seems that nothing is going right and that is mostly b/c nothing seems to be going at all...It will be a week tomorrow since Alex's accident and NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING has happened. Alex and I have been praying that God will take this situation and use it to further us in a way that no one will understand how it happened but through God...and I truely believe that is possible. But I am struggling w/ the "human-ness" if that is a word, of the situation. Alex talked to the adjuster today and it seems that nothing can be done for another week unless the "insured person" chooses to call in the calm. the "insured" has up to two weeks in the state of NC to call it in and then if they fail to do so, then the insurance company can at that point make their own decisions. SO we are waiting.....and hoping and stretching! lol
The other thing is that Alex has been up for a pay raise for a while now and yet it seems to continued to get pushed off....so last week he found out that the raise was entered in the computer and his next paycheck will reflect it, but we STILL don't know what it is....then he finds out it's b/c his boss wants to "announce" it publicly b/c he's also getting a promotion....who knew....but WHAT IS IT!....that seems to be the mystery! lol
I say laugh out loud to both of these situations b/c the one thing I struggle w/ is the unknown. I like to know everything coming and what it looks like and it seems that God is once again trying to teach me to stretch myself and be patient...haha it's a good thing I believe that w/ God all things ARE possible!....but I think He is once again saying to me....FOR THE LAST TIME....TRUST ME! or maybe "ONCE AGAIN....TRUST ME!....so I wonder...why do I struggle so much w/ that issue? I have seen God take the hardest situations and use them for His glory. Why do I struggle w/ weather He will do it again?!
I told some friends today that I struggle w/ the "small prayers" I feel like I have had so many "big prayers" in my life that little things seem just that "little" and that I shouldn't bother God w/ them. It's almost like I only trust God w/ the big issues of my life and not the small. I don't know...something I will think more about.
I know that God is defantly trying teach me to keep things in perspective....but I am struggling w/ what that looks like at all. I feel confidant that God is in control of this car thing, but then I can't seem to fully take my hands off or mind off of it and let Him fully be in control. I can't change anything right now, I can't make the "insured" call it in...I can't make the company move any quicker....I can only give over the control of the whole thing to the Lord and learn and keep the right attitude. I can't make Alex's boss tell sooner than he want's and if he want's it to be a big deal for Alex then I don't want to take that away from him....God may have a reason for it being longer than shorter....He may be waiting only for me to fully surrender to His timing and in not doing that I am the one holding up to process! Today in our lecture at BFS she talked about God only giving us bits at a time and why.....I know I can only handle bits at a time and am thankful that that is how He choses to give it to us....but it does leave me wondering what the "next" will look like. and for me I think that is His plan, He wants to see me trust and have faith in the here and now and let Him and only Him think about the future and what it looks like! SO my lession for today has been to fully surrender to God and His plan and to not look to the future but the now and how I decide to preceive it! It's my choice to rejoice or be gloom and doom! I choose rejoice!

No comments: