Saturday, September 15, 2007

the org. date is August 29.2007

I found some answers!....
Current mood: calm

Ok so I know I sorta left an open ended blog last night, but I didn't want to answer to quickly...especially when I wasn't sure what the answer should look like exactly. I in my heart knew how I felt, but I wanted to look in the bible and see what it had to say...I found some chapters in Proverbs, in my bible the title to these chapters are "life and conduct"...I got so invovled in everything these words had to say...you should check them out...they are cool....Proverbs 20-24.

Neway I feel like the Lord impressed two things on my heart this morning while I was reading these verses. 1. "don't quarrel" do you have those times when you are in a never ending issue and you just don't see things eye to eye and no one is nessacery wrong....the bible says not to quarrel...so don't do it. and 2. and this may be more for just me, don't except confrontation...if I am not comfortable w/ it, I don't need to do it...these verses talked about love and staying away from the foolish and the drunkard. To value your name and who you are and to be honest and up-standing...it never says to go and make you point, or to speak my point loudly. In fact another verse says "a soft answer turns away wrath"....so I think soft sometimes means not at all. Really whats the point, if you know that the person won't hear you....is there a reason to just "spout off" for the heck of it?

So what does God want us to do w/ our emtions? He wants us to use them ALL for His glory...if my emotion isn't doing that, then I and I will repeat the I need to change my emotion. I shouldn't be using all my energy worrying what so in so thinks, I should be using my energy helping so in so see Christ. So the test is...learning how to do that! I struggle w/ emotions, but I want and desire to give them over, but I know it will be a learning process....but that is the answer I came to.

No comments: