Monday, September 24, 2007

it's good to report!

it's good to report that for today I seem to be back on track....I am cleaning from top to bottom w/ no plans to stop anytime soon! It feels good to be doing that, cleaning and gaining some control over my house....like I have said before, I love control and order....so I also enjoy being productive. On top of all that today cleaning has been extra fun...yes I said it..FUN..I let Emma "help" me w/ almost everything I have done....normally I would tell her, no b/c I would have a need to "just be done w/ it" but today i decided I would try a new approach and let her help and teach her about what I am doing and why....well it turns out she can clean a toilet as well as I can! lol....she loved it..and she helped w/ lunch by wrapping the sweet potatoes in the tin foil for me....which in her mind means she "cooked" them! It was so enjoyable, it taught me that fast isn't best, and that enjoying your kids can be done even while you are cleaning tubs and toilets...if YOU chose the right attitude! Well, my break is over, I must move on to the next thing to tackle! Just wanted the world to know I love my kids and they are always fun for me!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Yeah for you! Glad you are being so productive today. Wish I could say the same for myself.

Chelsea said...

I have been pondering some of the same things you wrote about in your past 2 blogs. Not to get overwhelmed by the daily "to do's" and not getting consumed with doing it all myself so it will be done faster and better. Our "mommy" stage is short and we should make a point to really ENJOY our kids, not just get throught the day. Good for you...I'm working on it myself too!

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

Great job Beth!! I am trying to get better about the same stuff! At least we are all in the same boat!