Saturday, September 15, 2007

the org. date is Sept. 3,2007

his short life flashing before my eyes!
Current mood: grateful

Today as a mom I had one of those dreaded moments...Ian had Alex's bike fall on his head and it was pretty yucky...when I got to him moments after the crash he already had blood all the way down his face....almost like it was "pumping" out of this hole in his head...I just knew we were headed for the ER and lots of x-rays and scareiness...if that is a word....well we brought him inside and put something on it to help stop the bleeding....all the while he is screaming bloody murder....it took forever to get it to slow down....of course now I realize that was probably b/c he was so wiggley!...Ne way we called the dr.s office and had to leave a message and wait....so Alex went to get our neighbor who is a nurse and ask her to check it...by that point he was calming down and letting me hold him....the dr's office called back and I went through the 90 quesitons and we came to the conclusion that we just needed to watch him and make sure he stayed "acting normal"...so he is fine, w/ a nice gash in his head...but then you can't really see it, it's up in his hair...so life goes on...but by the time we reached this conclusion I was already wearing the bad mommy hat....so I have fought the rest of today to take it off. I know "things happen" but so far we haven't had much around here to worry about(of couse I'm excluding Alex's attempt to fly!lol)...the only other thing I can even think of is on Ian's birthday Emma took a bad fall...but that is it..and I wasn't here alone..I had my sister w/ me and she is a nurse, so I was able to rely on her to help me know what to do. It's funny how things like this can rock your boat a little....I did fine while it was going on....stayed calm and did what I had to do...but afterward, all I wanted to do was cry and say "thank you God for making my little boy ok" over and over and over, I just kept thanking Him. It reminded me how quickly life can change, one minute he was fine running around and riding his john deere and the next minute, he was under a pile of bike and it could have been so much worse. It reminded me to be thankful for what I have and never abuse it...you never know when it may be gone!
I am happy to report that Ian is up and running again...although he was very wary of the bike when we went back outside later in the day!...He is fine and I'll be watching to make sure he stays that way. I really really hope it will be along time before I see his short life flashing before my eyes again!....actually I hope I never see it again for that matter and that goes for all of my kids! :) But for now I'm headed off to bed, I have a really busy day tomorrow...for the whole week for that matter...and ONE week til we leave for VACATION!...I can't wait...but then it's going to be so busy between now and then that I won't be able to think much...which will help w/ the whole "bad mommy hat" thing! :)

No comments: