Saturday, September 15, 2007

the org. date is August 13.2007

girl talk w/ the sweetest little girl in the world!
Current mood: satisfied

or so I think! Tonight when I was putting Emma to bed we spent a long time talking about....LIFE....it amazes me that at 3 she want's to share everything going on in her mind and heart...a true girl...to listen to her and be able to follow her thoughts is so fun. and then the way she says somethings are fun too. Right now she is consusmed by what other people do..."the little boy at class...which is code for her church class....hit me....that's not nice, he shouldn't do that"...."the little boy today at papa's sale (yard sale) hit his mommy and pulled her hair" and on we go...and I tell her again that she is right we shouldn't hit people or pull hair...then the next thought is...tonight we I got out of the tub I hit Ian....that was bad!" "daddy sent me to my room and I got in trouble"...it's like she is saying..I do bad things too, so try to explain to her that everyone does bad things, it's called sin... and that Jesus loves us anyway and He always forgives us...we should always try to do right, but when we do wrong we need to say we are sorry, just like she did w/ Ian tonight....next comes "mommy do you do bad things?" to which I said yes I do ...."did you hit someone too?"...well no, but I still disobey God sometimes and don't do what He ask me to do...."Oh"...."did you get a spanking?".....and on and on we go....lol
I am finding that I cherish these moments so much....this has turned into a wonderful teaching time....not every night do we talk for 30 minutes like tonight, but every once in a while we just have the most special times at bed time....I love her heart so much...she is into every detail of everything, but cares about others so much. She can be diffacult when she wants, but she is such a joy, nights like to night remind me why the only thing I ever wanted to be was a mommy! It is truely my only hearts desire!....welll to be a wife first that is. I was the only kindergardener that wanted to be a mommy "when I grow up."

But to pull this full circle, I have been working w/ Emma about how we are to only worry about how we act and not what everyone else is doing....we need to work on our choices being right and not what johnny and susie did wrong. and again tonight we were talking about that and I realized that I needed to be looking in the mirror...I have been struggling w/ decisions that other people are making, decisions that as wrong as they are...just like the other children Emma sees pullling hair and hitting....they decisions are wrong, but they aren't my actions....I'm trying to teach her something that I don't practice so well myself. and she can't learn it if I'm not living it...so I need to work on that! so here is my question/thought for the night. How do you let other people that you care about make wrong choices w/o pointing it out, judging, fumming and all those other thing that we do? come on every one does it...can you believe that so n so just did whatever..you feel in the blank. I am guilty of it and I'm sure almost everyone is. Well, I hope I can change it, I don't want to be that way and even more I don't want Emma to be consumed w/ it either!

Today was tiring w/ mom and Gary's yard sale, but it is ending on a sweet note w/ Emma and now I am off to watch a movie w/ the most wonderful husband in the world...sorry ya'll I got him! lol truely life couldn't be better! :)

No comments: