Saturday, September 15, 2007

the org. date is August 19.2007

I love Sunday!!!

today is Sunday, if you didn't know...haha....I LOVE going to church..I always leave so challenged and today was no differant, it will take me a few days to chrew on everything I heard, and for the first time I feel like I couldn't even get all I needed from hearing the message once, so I can't wait to podcast it and listen to it again! and again and again if I need to....Pastor Stephen has an amazing way of connecting w/ what people need to hear. For me today was really special, I mean I have spent this summer learning who God wants ME to be and I have struggled w/ the lack of "something" I have felt like a nobody important, like my friends could leave me behind w/o really looking back. (have you ever felt that way?) like you aren't sure what you did wrong or didn't do at all, but that no one seems to care as much as you want them to.....neway that's for another day....God has been teaching me to trust, commit and love Him in a new, bigger way and He started all of it by pruning first...you know it's a fact that fruit can't grow unless you first prune.

So back to today, Pastor Stephen talked about how what you do matters, even if you are a stay at home mom....your concern, your prayer, your love for others...your questions, your willingness to obey God and do what you must, it all matters....and once again he talked about how the obvious turning point itn't the turning point at all, it's the process, that is isn't his preaching that bring people to the Lord, it's the person who invited them...it's the process...so to anyone who thinks that what you might do now won't matter later, they are wrong! It does matter, what I put in my kids now will matter 5 and 10 years from now...and to think that I didn't think I mattered much. I have a renewed passion for how I do things w/ and for my kids, I want to know that I mattered in their lives and that I listened to the calling God gave me when I bore them.

So the other thing that happened today is also interesting and Alex and I are still praying about what we are being told....we were once again involved in a sign up process at church where we were over looked and that now totals like the 4th time....our info cards were lost at the newcomers bunch, the VHQ girl lost my email address, and then the small group online sign up never through back out our info to the right person, and then today poor Alex shows up to a meeting an hour late b/c he was told 4 not 3 and I was there and hear 4 also...so we are left shaking our heads and laughing (a little) and we are left wondering...what does all this mean? Is it God or Satan? Are we not suppose to serve for now, or does God want us to stop and listen and then act, did we act out of turn? On the other hand, I was in VHQ and then my position was sorta disolved, alex was in spin and then spin decided to spin down and we are both left w/ no where to serve...so what does it all mean? Pray as we make decisions..that we will know fully what we are to do, we want only what God wants for us and we are choosing at this time to wait and see/hear from Him.

so I know this has been sorta ramdom, but I hope you hung in there w/ me, I really really want ya'll to download the sermon from today.....go to www.elevationchurch.org and you can download it or go to itunes and look up elevation church IT'S FREE and so worth it, it will give you a renewed meaning to your life I promise!
hope everyone had a wonderful day!

No comments: