Saturday, September 15, 2007

wow...so much for one day!

I don't think I have spent this much time on the computer in a long time....we are home from vacation, we decided to drive back late last night, we had the kids on the beach at 5, came in around 6 and decided we would pack up a night early....so we did and I think we made a great choice..the kids were out before we left the parking lot! really....and slept the whole way home and Alex and I got a great time to talk....for the first time since we left for the beach...or so it felt!
We had a wonderful time...the kids were both sick, but it didn't slow us down, the weather was wonderful, it only rained a little bit on Wednesday, but we need to rain so bad that I could even be upset that is was raining on my vacation. We we got there on Tuesday evening and checked into our rooms...well it wasn't quite as we thought it would be....so Gary when for "the chat" at the front desk.....I was truely trying so hard to find the good in it all....Emma was sick and grumpy, and I wasn't feel so good, Ian had started coughing, and the weather report was for rain everyday....and to top it off we didn't have adjoining rooms w/ mom and Gary like we asked and the kids could open the door and go into the hall....in search of their "granddad and grammy" of course...it looked like it was going to be a long week! They Gary showed back up....the wonderful man that he is....and handed me new keys as if to say "your wish is my cammand!" and we were able to load up the 3 carts, yes 3 of all our stuff and move across the way to a brand new condo! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL, the dish towels still had the tags on them!....we had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a kitchen and living room.....yes that means that my 4 were all in one room....but it was great! and once again I felt God tap my heart and say....SEE, I do care!

I left BSF (bible study fellowship) w/ a big surprise, for the first week we were suppose to read the whole book of Matthew and answer the given questions....whew....I just knew I was going to fail....I don't do well w/ mass reading, and I never thought I would be able to finish....especially on vacation and all....that sounded like a good excuse and I was prepared to use it~lol! I was told that I would have only a couple of chapters to do at the time and that we would dig into those chapter~thanks mom, what have you gotten me into!...lol.... and normally that is how it works, but not this week, no this week....the whole book! I am proud...maybe a little to proud...lol....to report, I'm finished! I read the whole thing already...I didn't just read it I chomped it and loved every minute of it....I got up today ready to start all over again...and that shocked me, why, well I've never felt like that before, I mean I have been reading the bible my whole life...in highschool in AWANA I even read through the whole bible....but now....well I have a need, a need to grow and learn, a need to understand, a need to know how God works and what He expects from me, I know that God has brought me through some tuff times, now I feel like it is my turn to give back to Him and I can't do that unless I know what it is I should be giving! I am SO ready to be in the digging part of the study, I can't wait to hear what to other in my group thought and learned from the reading I am so excited about BSF....oh boy, sometimes I sound so much like my mom it scares me! lol not really, if you know her then you know she is someone to want to sound like! So all I can think to say now is...sorry mom for all the times I rolled my eyes when you would talk about BSF...and the always true statement....YOU were right!...AGAIN! I love you!
and my after thought for everyone....if you are interested in BFS there is one more chance to sign up this week on Tuesday morning....let me know and I'll help you w/ the details and if I don't know my mom will! LOL :)

No comments: