Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Paint!...have you ever notice that there are WAY to many choices!

SO....Emma and the baby's room is now painted....boy, it was HARD for me to pick a color. I haven't put the finishing touches in there yet, nor is the crib up yet....so I won't post any pictures until I finish....but, I am excited that it is painted! We decided on blue a while back, w/ the thoughts that we would add different color circles around the room(Emma's request was purple...but I wasn't up for a purple room!) Emma's bed set is the "island surf" from pottery barn kids and the crib set is the same, but the "boy" version. So the colors for emma's set is bright pinks, orange, yellow, blue, red, green...mostly pink...bright pink. VERY CUTE, I love her bedset. The crib set, has the same patterns, but totally different colors....it's mainly bold blue, red and green....more bold, primary colors....totally different. SO my color problem was how to pick a blue that would match each! Well, I decided to go w/ a BRIGHT blue, almost a "swimming pool blue" It turned out great!....in fact I like the blue so much I have almost decided not to do the circles, but to instead do all my accent stuff in red for the baby and purple for Emma....we'll see. I need some shelves for both and a desk chair for her...all of which I will get unfinished and paint myself!....I have a mirror of Emma I am going to paint purple and then I think I'll be about done...I haven't thought much about art yet, I know I will do there names on the wall somewhere...most likely over their beds, but other than that, it's still a work in progress...but I am SO happy the painting is done.
Side note: yes I teared up when I painted over those beautiful stripes on her back wall....those darn stripes that gave me so much grief...that were so cool! But now they are gone....sniff, sniff!...oh well, life goes on!

side note #2: No Crystal, I haven't been able to get my hands on the present for Alex yet....one sales person actually wished me "good luck" on getting one!...lovely!lol!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad the painting went well. It is WAY too many choices, I totally agree. Oh, and by the way you are talking, I think I know what you are getting Alex. You may want to call Shaun, he might be able to find one for you.

BE said...

Sounds like a cute and fun room! Can't wait to see pics.

Shannon said...

Oh, I almost forgot. I did the tag the day after Father's Day. Better late than never, right? :)