Saturday, June 21, 2008

Finally....about the baby!

A while back I posted a list of blogs I needed to do...one about the baby was in the mist of that list. I made myself not blog about the baby until I had done all the other blogs...why, b/c that is the one blog I wanted to do and I knew if I did that one first I might never get to the other blogs! So I have now finished that list and am excited to sit down to blog about the baby.

I am going to be 26 weeks tomorrow...that is SO hard for me to believe! Time truly is flying right now! I am soaring into the final weeks...and I feel like there is SO much to do. Everything is going great, I don't have much to complain about, which is good!lol...I am not sleeping very well, but I am use to that now, some days it catches up w/ me and makes me grumpy, but feel more sorry for my kids and Alex than me!hehe. I am having a weird problem at night...my arms go completely asleep while I am sleeping! I know that isn't uncommon completely, but the dr has never heard of both arms doing it at the same time...lol, what can I say, I have always been known for abnormal!lol. I start out sleeping on my side w/ a pillow b/t my legs (hoping it will keep me on my side) but at some point I will turn onto my back and that is when my arms go to sleep!...so the dr's thought was...don't turn on your back!lol...of course that is easier said than done! All in all, I just want to be able to sleep on my stomach again!lol....but we all know I have a while! The 2 things I love the most about giving birth, other than seeing and holding the baby...2 personal things I guess...#1) SLEEP ON MY STOMACH...which I will do the first night in the hospital if possible. In fact, w/ Ian, I got up in the middle of the night, chanced out of my hospital gown...I hate those things...but my PJ pants on and went fast asleep on my stomach!...Let mom take care of Ian almost all night!hehe...planning to do the same this time if possible! #2) That first shower after having a baby...never was it nicer to shower in my life...and I have been very smelly/dirty (remember I grew up on a farm!)...but nothing compares to me as that first shower after giving birth....and being able to bend in half!lol....LOVE IT! Funny those are the things I look forward to!...and this time, I am not going to hurry that shower!...everyone else will have to wait on ME!lol!

OK so enough about those thought of delivery, they make me impatient! lol! :)

So I can't believe that I have already hit the time when I have to go every 2 weeks to the drn! I go back in 2 weeks to have the sugar test!...I hate that one...the drink, why can't it taste like Mt. Dew...not orange?....yuck, my theory is to drink it as fast as possible! YUCK...just at the thought! BUT on the brighter side, I am having a 4D sepia tone ultrasound! I am SO excited about that! My office offers this (for a price of course!) just for us mommy's who can't wait!...lol ...mommy's like me! So, I am really excited, we get pics and a CD to take w/ us. Don't worry, you'll get to see them! then we can vote on who the baby looks like!lol! So all that in 2 weeks....on July 8th.

And lastly, and what I commented on before...did anyone catch the baby's name? Only Brandy responded, but she didn't say what she thought it was...only that it was cute...so I am ready to tell!...remember my rule from before, my baby, my name, no ugly comments!lol! :)

The baby's name will be (by the way, I am glad to stop calling him "the baby" on here!)

ELI BRICE HELMS

ok so the Helms part is a duh!lol Eli, just like w/ Emma and Ian, is a name we like, we started w/ Elijah...then Alex wanted Elisha...which I wasn't for...then we decided on Eli, because that's what we were going to call him anyway...poor child, his whole life people are going to ask him if it's "actually" Elijah!lol....horrible parents we are! Neither Alex or I know what that's like at all! (note the sarcasm there!) So Eli it is...Brice is a family name, from my daddy's side...it was my great-grandfathers first name, and honestly the last family name for a boy that we would even consider...lol...shh don't tell the family I said that!...but Homer and Earl weren't options for us!lol!...oh I'm going to get myself in trouble...but hey I'm being honest!...hehe!

So there, it's out in the open now...we have known the name forever now, I didn't want to tell to soon, although I don't know why. Emma tells everyone his name is Eli and even Ian if you ask him where baby Eli is, he will tell you...."In Mommy's ummy!"...gotta work on that "t" buddy boy! :) I love the way he says "tummy".... SO it's not really been a big surprise...not like some of my friends do...lol....Brandy!

Well, Alex just started putting up the crib...yes I know we still have a while, but I can't wait...call it a need to be prepared this time, you just never know what might happen tomorrow! LOL...TRUST ME, I KNOW ALL ABOUT THAT! I didn't get Ian's crib up until one week before he was born...and after my due date b/c of Alex's accident! This time I have a HUGE need to be ready....EARLY!
love y'all....and I LOVE the comments....thank you Judy for your comment, I already told mom...she wants you to come and stay w/ her and Gary for a few nights while Dave is away! I'm sure she will be calling you! :)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Okay, okay , knew it was a Wii!!! We went through that at Christmas. But I ended up walking up on one at Walmart. Actually saw the man unloading them and asked him if the boxes REALLY had Wii's or if they were empty like the ones at Gamestop. He laughed at me. They had 15, ten sold after mine right then!
Love the name Eli, we were like Brandy and never told our names until the boys were born. I didn't want anyone stealing my names, lol.

BE said...

Love the name Eli Brice. As I said it fits well with Emma & Ian. I think just Eli is good, that's what we did with Luke. I just didn't care for Lucas/Lukas and Shaun doesn't like for our kids to have a name and then shorten it or call them something else. So Luke it is. And we couldn't have shared Luke's name early anyway, it wasn't agreed upon until very close to his birth.

Jenny said...

Love, love, love the name Eli! It's perfect!

Anonymous said...

I love the name Eli.