Saturday, June 14, 2008

Alex's birthday and our 6th anniversary

I am starting on my list of blogs today, maybe I'll even get to more than one!lol. I decided to combine the blog about Alex's b-day and our ann.....mostly because they are back to back, and normally run together for us anyway!lol...Last weekend we celebrated on Friday night w/ my family at mom and Gary's, on Saturday night w/ Alex's dad and then on Sunday w/ Alex's mom!....lot's of yummy food and good times. On Monday(our anniversary) Sammy took our kids and Alex and I went out for dinner. We did forgo the gifts this year, I don't think we could of topped our vacation anyway....we decided that was enough big spending for one year! Then on Tuesday (Alex's birthday) we had a quiet dinner of hamburgers...yes his request....here at home and I made icecream sandwiches...it was my first attempt, they were good, but I know something I would try a little different next time. Emma was a little worried that there was no cake, but LOVED the icecream sandwiches, so I think she forgave me for no cake! So all in all, we had a nice birthday/anniversary weekend, busy, but fun. The funny thing is, I had this huge surprise for Alex...sorta this combo birthday/father's day present...well, as it turns out, I should of started MUCH earlier trying to actually buy it, for it can't be found!...so poor guy is still waiting on his present from me and the kids. But I have promised him it will be worth the wait. lol....so I can't even tell y'all about it yet....I refuse to give it away to him...and I have done very good so far. He thought it was a kayak....which he also wants.....only Susan will understand why that is funny!....but anyway, but I did cave and tell him it's NOT a kayak!lol. It's something that we will use a little more often....I hope!lol!

It's hard for me to believe that 6 years have past since our wedding, not in a bad way...like, it's been FOREVER, no more in a WOW, look at all that has changed in 6 years. It's weird, I didn't even pull out the wedding album this year, why...well, I guess because it still gives me bittersweet memories, that sometimes I just want to leave them alone and not bring out the mixed memories. I wouldn't never change my wedding, nothing about it was BAD....just SAD. It will always be hard for me to look at pictures and not wish my dad there....but it doesn't mean that the day wasn't special to me.
This anniversary seemed a little slow for me, last year we went whitewater rafting over our anniversary and had a wonderful trip away just the two of us...this year we just had a few hours to our selves...but it was still fun to be out and have a chance to talk!

2 comments:

Susan said...

glad to hear you didn't cave on the kayak...i have a perfectly good one in the garage at home that alex is welcome to use ANY time he wants. i'll even give him a key to the house to go get it whenever he wants it....glad to hear the birthday/anniversary weekend was a good one...

Shannon said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I can't believe it has been six years, I am getting OLD. Heehee!