Sunday, June 1, 2008

Emma's recital

Last Saturday morning we had Emma's recital, I was SO worried, she had rehearsal on Thursday and Friday night, both went really well, she was tired though, and we had to be at the recital on Saturday morning at 9:30 dressed and ready to go. She was tired...I was worried....did I mention she was tired!lol. So off we go, out the door on time...yeah for us! and I take her back to the dressing room, got the finishing touch on her outfit...you don't put on those costumes before nessecary they are ichy, not to mention the ears are hard as heck to keep on! So I finished getting her dressed and had to leave her (which was new, on both nights before they had us keep them w/ us!) SO we had our first melt down....tears and more tears! There were some girls back there to watch them and one girl was SO sweet she came over and started talking to Emma for me and took her and held her while I left....I promised to bring teddy back to her if she would leave teddy in her ballet bag! So after delivering teddy and finding a seat I worried how she was.....SHE WAS FINE! Another mom stopped by to tell me the girls were all great, coloring and having the time of their life in the dressing room. So she did her dance, and did great, I was so proud of her, she had so much fun! At the end they brought all the girls out and gave out trophies...she was so excited about her trophy....all in all, ballet has been a wonderful experience for Emma, it has helped her crawl out of her shell and has given her alot of confidance and showed her that she can be good at something!

Here are a few picture....Emma and Alex right after he gave her flowers (which I ordered, paid for and had mom pick-up....yet he get's the credit!) Funny story, I requested that the flowers be shortened from the normal size down to about 12-15 inches b/c I was worried that she wouldn't be able to carry them if they were longer! If you could of only seen the odd look on the florist face!lol! I think it was the 1st time she had ever had that request....but her comment was...."that is so SMART!" Yeah for me, I'm smart!
The other picture is of mom and Emma....when Emma saw Grammy...she took off running and jumped into her arms...so precious!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hey you did all the work for the flowers for my girls too and Todd got the credit from them - what would they do without us? Emma really has come a long way since ballet started and you can really see the boost in her confidence. Hope you'll be considering ballet again in the fall.

BE said...

Glad the recital went great! She is super cute in her sweet poodle costume! Can't wait to hear about your trip. And see pics!

Shannon said...

What great pictures. The haircut is adorable!

Crystal B. Brewer said...

Emma is definitely the most adorable poodle I've ever seen! I hope we can get together soon!

Jenny said...

Emma looks so cute! I LOVE your Disney pic on the top of you blog!