Saturday, June 21, 2008

AT LAST I FOUND IT!

So last Wednesday, Sammy, Nick and I were going to take the kids to the pool...and of course I had to do my daily call about Alex's present. I just knew we would get to the pool and I would call and they would have it!lol....and I was right! I was suppose to call everyday between 10 and 11....so we got to the pool at 10, got to our seats under the umbrellas and I called....
store guy: yes, we have 3, we got this morning
ME: really!!!
store guy: YES
ME: how long will they last?...I just got to the pool.
store guy: maybe an hour???...
ME: really?
store guy: well, it depends on how busy we are....
ME: ok, I guess I'll come now...
store guy: well, I would hurry!


I wanted to scream!...the whole time I am thinking, alex better like this gift, or my might just cry...so I leave Sammy, with all three babies (Nick wasn't there yet) and drive back to Indian Trail...normally I would be 5 minutes from this store, but b/c we were at the pool, I was 15 minutes away!....Into the store I go, mind you, in a swimsuit, fat and prego, no makeup and I didn't even comb my hair....horrible, my mother would have past out that I was going to the pool that way, much less on a shopping trip!lol! I walked in, and told the guy...I told you I was coming from the pool...please tell me you still have one! THEY ONLY HAD ONE LEFT! In the 15 minutes it took me to get there, they sold 2 of them! Then while I was paying for mine, some else called looking to see if the shipment had come and they had to tell her they were out again!....WHO KNEW!

So, what was it? a Wii! I never knew it would be so hard to get one! I knew back at christmas they were really really hot items, but good grief, it's 7 months later! So I finally got my Wii at game stop in Indian Trail, I called everyday for a week(they knew they were getting them in ...one day this week...type of thing) and I barely made it in time to get one!lol....

Back to my story, I got back to the pool, to find everyone out of the pool...some kids had exploded poop in the pool! LOVELY!...so we sat and waited for the pool to reopen, but instead they closed it for the rest of today...apparently this kids did a doosey!lol...so we sat in the back of the truck to eat lunch, went to Walmart, Nick and the kids watched a dvd in the van, Sammy and I went and got the rest of the Wii "stuff" the extra remotes and other things to get Alex started up, and we brought a plastic pool for Sammy's house and went there to let the kids play in the pool, not so much fun for us, but the kids still had fun! Once we got home, I put together a scavenger hunt for Alex's presents, which the kids LOVED...and we waited for Alex to come home.....HE WAS SHOCKED! at first I couldn't even tell if he wanted it or not...he had talked about wanting one a while back, but I would NEVER budge, I was totally against it! So I was able to pull off the big surprise, I knew he would never think I would get him one, so it was really fun! We plugged it all in and played w/ the kids for a while...I could hardly get anyone to eat dinner all they wanted to do was go play!...so funny, Ian never passes up food, but he did that night. After the kids went to bed, Alex and I played for a couple of hours...it was SO much fun, I haven't laughed that much in a long time...and so far, I am the boxing champ!lol...it's driving him crazy that I beat him at it! In fact the next night, he made me play again so he could try and beat me...which he now has...but only once! I have beat Sammy and Nick too!....love it! the prego mommy can punch!lol!

SO that is the story of the Father's Day, birthday present...that was late, but worth the wait! Now he is own his own to find the games he wants!...I am done calling stores everyday!

Update on Nick's job...everything is going well w/ Pineville Police, he has interviewed, the references have been sent out, one of the three are back, Sammy has had her phone interview, all the credit reports have been approved, the recommendation from the officer doing all the "digging" is excellent...so now it goes to a board that will decide once the other references are back....SO...at this point, everything is on track for him to start the first of July...keep praying and I'll let you know when he signs papers and it official!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Watch out for "Wii arm" it is a killer. You basically can't lift your arms without pain for two days after playing bowling, tennis and boxing, lol.

BE said...

I was guessing that it had to be the Wii. What else would you be looking for where a salesperson actually wishes you good luck? LOL! It is soooo much fun! I didn't think it would be as fun as it really is. Our kids favorite games are the ones that come with the Wii, the Wii Play games (they are pretty cheesy games) and the Wii Fit games. The other games we bought haven't been used as much (the monster truck game, super monkey ball & wii ski) Have fun with it!