Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm back....hope you have time to catch up!

Ok so I have been home for 4 days....and I FINALLY got my house mostly back under control. Now don't get me wrong, Alex does a great job of keep up w/ thing when I'm not here, he is totally capable. It was me catching up w/ ME, on sleep and from being exhausted! I am starting to feel like myself again, it took a few days. Needless to say, I haven't even been on the computer much, in fact I was in bed by 9:30 last night...normally prime time for me to be online!

So....here's EVERYTHING all at once!lol, what better way to do it right?

How was my trip? AWESOME, WONDERFUL, ENCOURAGING, WAY COOL and everything in between! We had a great flight there w/ no troubles. We arrived right as things were getting started....I loved the training, it was so right up my line of thinking and so so useful! I enjoyed being w/ new people who didn't know me or anything about me....and at the same time being comfortable w/ myself and who I am...as most of ya'll know that is something I have worked very hard to do! We spent the first 2 days learning about everything there is to know about $....then we started case studies. we split up and had to each take a part of the counseling session to present ourself...way fun. One night some of us walk to the mall and ate dinner....one night we went to ice cream and played card til late...(that was our last night)....mostly we spent our time in a chair listening to Russ, who is one of the founders of Lampo Inc. It was 10 to 12 hr days....hence the reason I was SO exhausted when I got back. I can't wait to start having opportunities to use my training...God is already opening doors....if you have never taken FPU, or don't know what that even stands for....let me know, I would love to tell you how it can change your life, no matter where you are w/ your $!...good, bad or ugly....and even if you have taken FPU and need some more hope, remember you can always take it again...!

How was camping?!...LOL...it was SO MUCH FUN...I am a little bumbed that it will be a good while before we can go again! We left here around 3:30 on Friday, and stopped and picked-up dinner on the way...the baby, HAD to eat....!lol!....we picked our spot...trying not to be to near anyone else!...we did have 5 kids w/ us! Todd, Susan and there crew met us up there....as soon as we had everyone out of the truck and Element they were off and we didn't hear from them again until we had to slow them down for bed!....Ian was dragging w/ droopy eyes, but wouldn't give up! I was worried about them sleeping in the tent, or more than that, how I would get them to go to sleep w/o coming out over and over and over!....but to my surprise and gratefulness...they went right to sleep, we put Ian down first then Emma after he was asleep. While the boys (Ian and Davis) we going to bed, the girls (Sidney, Madison and Emma) played in the older girls tent....they did great at being quiet so the boys would go to sleep. After we had all the kido down for the night we the adults had smores....YUMMY! and some adult time....honestly when we we planning our trip, I wasn't sure if it would include any "adult time" or just kids that wouldn't sleep!...but we had about 3 hrs after the kids were in bed to hang out and chat! On Sat...we started out a little cold, but we were good, the kids got as dirty as I have ever seen them...they had a blast...very little bickering, but you know there will always be a little w/ 5 kids!...nothing major at all!...they all did SO great!....THEN CAME THE RAIN! so the joke of the weekend for the adults was...when is it going to rain...Todd would say...it's coming....Susan and I would say NO IT'S NOT....Todd would say look at the clouds....we would say, "it's suppose to be a light rain!"...lol....needless to say, it rained, HARD, well not super hard, but more than the "light rain" they were calling for. and the whole time all Alex cared about was his smores!lol as long as he got them he didn't care about he rain, we had the only camp sight where the fire was still being started between every shower!lol. So the second night we turned in early...and it was a mess packing up the next morning, and that 2nd night, getting the dirt off our kids....not so easy...it took a lot of washing to get the rocks out of Emma's hair....at one point I was beginning to think it would be easier to cut it!lol!...just kidding! So packing up was a mess, everything was messy wet, we all got up, forgot about breakfast, pack up and came home! as I am sure you figured out by now, our first camping experience was a total success!...rain and all! We are ready to go again, but w/ everything going on in May I don't think we will be able to....:( Oh and I forgot, the boys even took there naps on Saturday, go figure....we love camping, it will most likely be a hobby we will take up! I am not sure what it will look like w/ the baby....so if you have camped w/ a baby, let me know how it went and what to think about!

What do I think about baby boy? I am thrilled! As much as I thought girl before, I knew I wasn't convinced and when she said boy...my heart jumped and I realized that i always wanted it to be a boy!...Don't get me wrong, I love Emma we have a very special bond, but I think a boy fits us better than another girl, Ian needs a play mate....Emma has me!lol! Emma started to cry and at first I thought she was going to be upset, I wasn't sure why, she had been so back and forth, I figured she would be excited either way...it wasn't long that she was back to excited and I knew I would have to question the tears later....I went on to see the dr and then to get blood drawn....Emma was beside herself to get back to Grammy and Ian in the waiting room....she was so excited to tell, she took to pictures w/ her to show off. Ian didn't care, he just wanted mommy. and now if you ask him about the baby boy...he'll say "Ian's a boy" sorta like that's all the boy ya'll need!lol. poor thing! We left the dr's office and Emma, mom and I went to target to shop for the baby. Emma was SO funny, she wanted everything....so I got her to find the baby an outfit to wear home from the hospital. She picked out a onsie, a blanket, socks, a hat and passies(I think she thinks those are part of the outfit!lol) then she picked him a teddy bear(VERY important to her) and another blanket and hat.....it was SO much fun for her and me to go and do! I had a chance to ask about the tears and was told it's because she wants the baby in her room....yes, she wants the baby to share her room instead of going into Ian's room...so when she was told boy, she knew the baby was suppose into Ian's room and not her's....soo funny! I told her that her daddy and I would talk about it and decide now that we knew what the baby was....she was content w/ that...so we are now deciding what we want to do, I think we basically have decided and are happy w/ what we are planning to do.....BUT I need to leave something for the next post!~

I think that should catch you up on our world! you have to leave me a comment just so I will know you read the whole thing!lol!....next I have some house keeping to do, I have a tag from forever ago to do and another new tag from Jenny!...I will do them!lol! SOON....I hope!
ttfn!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Good to hear from you again! I have never heard of FPU, don't know what that is, lol. But it sounds like you had fun! Glad the camping went so well, you are braver than me, I leave that "fun" to my parents. I have had my fill of it to last a lifetime, lol. At least with the baby being a boy you can use all of Ian's stuff, shouldn't be too much to buy but lots of diapers. Wait... that was me with the twins.... diapers and formula are where our other new vehicle went... ;0 And now the big boy needs braces, ahh it never ends with kids. :)

BE said...

You're back, yay! I've been checking the past couple days looking for a post, glad to get caught up!

Camping sounded like you had a lot of fun. It rained when B & G went camping too, in fact I ended up throwing away one of B's shirt, it was so nasty. That was after washing it 4 times and still looking nasty.

I'm glad Emma is getting excited about another brother. I know Bailey also was sad about not sharing her room, even though in a few years, I'm sure she'll (Bailey) be grateful for her own room. She still wishes she had a sister and since I didn't have one either, I understand that feeling.

Can't wait to hear from you again!

Susan said...

yes, i read the whole thing (even though I already knew everything...lol)

4torock said...

U are doing way better than me..... I am just catching up on reading everyone's blogs and not posting on mine ( I got tagged too by Jenny and feel awful because it is after all our sweet hubbies that we could just list a million things for right and I am putting off 10?? lol!) so gotta go get off the computer for chores and things coming up this weekend- maybe by Sunday I will have a chance to catch you up on us!! lol love ya glad you had a blast!
Kate

Crystal B. Brewer said...

Beth... I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time at Financial Peace training. Matt and I have never taken it but would love to.

You are quite the adventurous one to go camping with all those kids. I don't even like going camping without kids. haha

I hate that we haven't talked in so long. I'm still job searching. I gotta find something before my release date (June 28th). I started some new meds to help with starting a family. We can talk more about that later.

I hope to talk to you soon!.
cb

Katie said...

Congrats on a boy. They are so much fun. I would love to send you something if you don't mind. Send me an e-mail with your addy and your two favorite colors for your little bundle.