Sunday, July 6, 2008

What do you consider rough?

I find myself being asked on occasion "Has this pregnancy been rough?" That is such a hard question to answer for me. I think rough is relevant....it depends on the person and their concept of rough! For me, this pregnancy has been a breeze...it's been a little harder lately as some things are starting to act up in my body as my body seems to be starting to say...."are we about done yet?" But still, it's been me having to be willing to adjust my life style, and schedule, and be willing to not overdo it so that I don't make myself sick....I am just not sure I call that "rough" but some might, some have a hard time not getting sleep, again, I feel use to that. Even after Ian was sleeping through the night...which took him a good while, Emma was getting up every night for like 6 months...it didn't matter what trick I tried, she would get up every night and come into our room...eventually I was able to get her to go back to bed on her own and I didn't have to get up...but I got up every night for over a year by the time I got Ian sleeping through the night and then her sleeping through the night AGAIN!...so not sleeping isn't a big deal for me...I've done it before! I also think that rough is what you have to compare it to....rough to me seems to be extremes. Rough is Alex w/ three broken limbs, Emma 15 months old, and me 7 months pregnant w/ a tilted pelvic! How I feel right now can't even compare to what I have already walked through. I find myself explaining that to people who don't know me...or haven't known me long. I can't even complain to the dr's about anything....I think my mom is about ready to go w/ me to the dr's on Tuesday so she can question some things she is worried about. But I am going to express some concerns I am having that have come up in the last week or so. I am sure everything is fine, but I do want to be safe, not sorry later! Alex has been SO GREAT these last few weeks...he has really picked up the slack helping out when I don't feel good, or when I am hurting....I think he missed being able to take care of me w/ Ian...I feel like he is trying to play catch up all in one week. He has been great....but I am getting spoiled...lol! Well, this has been a random blog...I have a busy week coming up, garden tomorrow, dr's visit and 3d ultrasound on Tuesday, Emma's birthday on Wednesday....that's just the next few days...I am not even looking at the end of the week yet!lol! I'll be back when I can!

2 comments:

BE said...

The third baby seems to really make your body start to ache/hurt a lot sooner than baby 1 & 2. I know I felt so sore from the belly down with Luke fairly early on. Hopefully, your body is just reacting the same and not something worse. Can't wait to hear how your 3d u/s went!

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant with David, #5 I was 43 years old. I thought I could just jump up and down and he would fall out! Too bad it didn't quite work that way, but I completely understand how you feel. But isn't it worth it!
Love ya, Judy