Wednesday, July 16, 2008

ramblings of a wife who's husbands at work and she can't sleep!....enjoy! :)

Ok so Alex is working again tonight and I can't sleep! I don't really have much to say tonight...it's been a busy week, but a great week. I seem to be full of words, but nothing that makes much sense!lol....oh, I am proud of the awesome deals I found today...I LOVE deals! If you are someone who likes to shop ahead for your kids, then you need to make a trip to Concord Mills to Children's Place...they are having a great sale that just started today! I brought $135 (retail price...not that I would EVER actually pay retail!) for $19.78! So I saved $115.22 or something close to that! I did have coupons and one was for $20.00 off...so that is part of the reason I did so well! But if you are interested, they had their swimsuits for $4 (lot's of boys) boy's shirts for 3, shorts for 4 or 5....sundresses for 4, tights for girls for 1 and socks. I got Emma a pair of jeans for 2...well I paid .83 but they were on the rack for 2. Anyway, it was a great sale...I didn't even feel bad when I went back for some shirts for Emma that I really wanted to get her and they were in the new line that just came out...now I still used a 15% off coupon, but they were more than I would normally pay, but I brought them anyway!...one says "big sisters rock" and the other says "my heart belongs to my daddy"...I couldn't pass them up!lol...I am and always will be a sucker for clothes...and I am worse w/ my kids clothes then I ever was w/ my own! I LOVE shopping, but now I just do it differently then I did when I was a teenager!lol!

I also scored some Christmas presents at the disney store!...yep, I said Christmas!lol. I am bargain hunting this Christmas like I never have before!lol...but here's the deal w/ my bargain hunting...it can't look in anyway like a bargain...it must be something the person would really want, and not a knock off in any way!lol...so I guess you would call me a picky bargain hunter! Example...I'll give you 2....1. I wanted one of those stuff pillow chairs (we called them husbands growing up, but I have no idea why) anyway I wanted one for Emma's room..I wanted it to be purple, I looked at them at bed, bath and beyond....but didn't want to pay 20 even w/ 20% off...so I waited! Ross (which I don't go to often enough) had one, it was purple w/ white pokeadots...in Matt. it was 20 in Monroe it was 10...it has a dirt mark on the bottom (so not a big deal) but it got me an extra 10% off...I had a store credit from Christmas(yes I do return unwanted presents!lol...a whole other story!)...so end the end I paid $2.10 for a really cute purple husband!lol! If you were to look at it, you would think I paid atleast 20 for it!...the other example, would you believe I forgot what it was...I was just thinking about it...hmmm oh I remember, I needed a birthday present for my friend Susan's oldest girl...she got an American girl doll for her birthday...one night when I was out shopping w/ Susan, we found A.G. doll books on how to fix their hair or make them clothes...they were 20, I was able to get a coupon and go back and get it for half that....so it looks like a nice 20 gift...but I only paid 10...everything I buy is like that....I'm not cheap...I'm smart! oh, and Susan knows I did that...so don't think I'm spilling any beans there and am going to have a friend who's thinking I cheated her daughter!...lol...Susan knows I'm "smart" lol!

Anyway, back to Christmas...I shop from around now, until Christmas, and normally I'm done by the first of November!...this year, I am taking a little different approach, I am shopping for everyone else on my list but my own kids now...I want to finished by the time the baby comes...but then I'll wait til closer to Christmas to do my kids and Alex...why, well, I find that I want to spend more money on my kids if I shop for them to early..(of course there is the present in my attic for Ian that has been there since Jan. I found a workbench after Christmas for like 15 it was 75 and I knew it was something I wanted for him to finish up his car's themed room...but it was over his age for his birthday...so in the attic it's been and he will love it this Christmas!lol)...I know, a little weird, but if I spend the money now, then as I go out near Christmas, I find more, and spend to much!...so, I'm going to wait til closer...that way I don't over spend!...I have alot of my list figured out...but my own kids are hard for me...what do you get when you have NO MORE ROOM in the house for anything? I think I'm crazy...who thinks about this stuff in July?...I have got to be the only one!LOL! I blame it on Alex's accident...that year I hadn't shopped much before his accident and shopping was very hard to fit in...so ever since, I have shopped very early!...so that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it! :)...ok so enough about shopping and Christmas!...I'm actually tired, I'm going to try and sleep now...this sounds bad, but I'm so tempted to go and get Emma and let her sleep w/ me until Alex gets home...bad, bad...and I sound like my mother saying that...she used to do the same thing to me when I was little!lol...oh well, I know no other mother that I would rather be like!

talk to y'all when I get back from the beach!...btw which is it officially? Y'all or ya'll? I know I'm from the country, but I'm just not sure which one is "country correct!" LOL! tell me what you think!

3 comments:

K said...

I found your blog through Chelsea's, and I've really been enjoying it. I lost my daddy to cancer four years ago, so I sympathize with you. I wish I could be as organized as you with the Christmas shopping! I had to comment on the y'all/ya'll question, b/c I wonder about it, too. I don't know for sure, but I'm going with y'all!

Shannon said...

We def need to shop together. I am right there with you on choosy bargain shopping, lol. Also knew about the Children's Place deals but didn't want to take the four crazies with me, so I did it on-line yesterday. Also used two coupons, lol. Got all of Wyatt's back to school shopping done, even new shoes, and shoes for the buddies for $50.00. I also start shopping for Christmas gifts in the summer time. I have found that Toysrus has the same after Thanksgiving sales on-line as they do in the store and order the buddies stuff and have it shipped to my moms so they won't see it. She hides it in her attic. They got a toolbench last year and Bosch tools just like Daddy has, and LOVED it. Ian will be in 7th heaven! I can't stock up on the big boys clothes any more so I just look for sales when we need them. They grow too quickly. Levi outgrew a brand new pair of shorts from February to April and never got to even wear them. I bought the buddies a full wardrobe in case we decide to send them to K in August, back in January, lol. So no.. you are NOT crazy for shopping early. Oh and the ya'll thing? I don't know which one is right either, lol.

Rockin' it up said...

i bought my little brother's christmas present in March :). It was online and I couldn't pass it up. I tend to do a lot of shopping online and can get great deals without spending the gas $! I love shopping early. I enjoy ACTUALLY shopping too, but I hate the crowds too close to the holidays, and since there's not a mall for an hour from where I live, I rarely actually get to one.