Tuesday, July 29, 2008

better late than never..right?



Ok so a few weekends ago we headed to the beach for a couple of nights....just a quick get away so the kids could play in the sand. As you know, our "vacation" this year was to disney world, so this wasn't vacation...actually it started as a weekend trip for Alex and me, but we really wanted to kids to go to...so we took them w/ us. We left on Thursday afternoon...and came home on Saturday. We were able to stay in Alex's dad's condo, it was wonderful...the kids shared a bed for the first time, and they did great. ..we put Ian down first, then Emma, then when we went to bed we would move both of them to the pull-out couch...funny story

our first morning there, Alex had set the coffee pot to come on at 6:30(b/c our kids are always up early!)
this was a conversations we overheard b/t Emma and Ian

I: RayeRaye, what's that?
E: I don't know
I: it's scary
E: I think it's the coffee pot
I: I don't like coffee pot....it's scary
E: I'll go ask mommy
I: k...I come to
E: Ian, it's ok, don't be scared!

the noise of 2 pair of feet on the floor....here they come!
E: there's a noise out here....
Me: it's ok, it's the coffee pot
E: yeah, we discussed that, and thought that's what it was!...
that comment was said so matter a fact....cracked me up...she is such a mommy!

so we were on the beach at 8 the first morning...it was wonderful, the kids played and Alex and I just sat and watched...at one point he said, I feel like I should be playing w/ them, to which I reminded him to sit as long as he could, b/c as soon as he started playing, they wouldn't let him sit again!...lol...so we sat, it was great, it's the first time since we have had kids that we were able to sit and not have to have a kid in hand at all times!..it was a wonderful break for us....Saturday we woke up to a storm coming in, we played in the indoor pool for a while, but then decided to pack up and leave a few hours early, the kids were worn out and ready to nap, and what better place to nap than on the ride home! It was a great short trip...and I am SO glad we went, the dr.s have already "greatly discouraged" me from going anywhere else, even though I have a few more weeks that I should be able to travel....that's another post!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad ya'll got to go. I love short trips every now and then. We have done a few spur of the moment ones and the kids have had a ball! I know what you mean about sitting down, lol. It IS divine isn't it? Your kids are too cute! Can't wait to see who the baby looks like!

BE said...

Sounds like a fun short trip. You did better than I did about getting pics up, I never did get any online. I know about the traveling thing, but what dr.'s don't know, won't hurt them- LOL! I traveled to the beach to pick up B on July 2nd-3rd and G was born July 5th. But I never told the doctor. :) We totally need to get together soon!