Friday, July 11, 2008

tears for a reason...so the test says!

So lately I have be EXTREMELY emotional....I have told multiple people that I don't think I have cried this much in forever! I got teary eyed over y'all's (now there is a country word!lol) comments tonight. I know I told Susan just today, that I have been so much more moody and emotional w/ this baby than I remember w/ either of the other two! Well....I got a reason today, I found out that my iron is low...so all the tiredness and tears...it's not that I am going nutty, or crazy(although Alex might disagree sometimes) it's that my body is tired which has always made me emotional....and I don't think my body can handle much more. Mom has been struggling w/ low iron and she has also talked about being so emotional...maybe it runs in the family! I had low iron w/ Emma in the beginning and was VERY emotional then also, but until now I always thought it was b/c that is when Mom and Gary where getting married and there truly was a lot going on w/ my family and that I would of been emotional anyway..but being pregnant made it worse! But now I see that for me....low iron and tears come together!...last week I cried over every tv show I watched....I promise Alex thought I was losing it...I having been feeling like I'm losing it! I was actually relieved to get the prescription in the mail!....and I can't wait to get it filled and start taking it!...I know I'm crazy, most people I know don't like the iron pill, but I loved it w/ Emma, I felt so much better...I have high hopes again this time, HOPEFULLY in a week or so I'll feel like a new person...well, I'll be thrilled w/ a little more energy and a few less tears!lol! As far as the braxton hicks, I had them w/ both of my other 2, so they aren't new to me at all...w/ both Emma and Ian I had heavy bouts of them especially toward the end...the last 4 weeks or so...w/ Emma I had them over 2 months considering she was 3 weeks late!...lol...the difference this time I was concerned w/ is that I didn't remember them starting up so early...I have been having them since 26 weeks and they have most of the time been accompanied w/ a very sharp pain around the area where I would normally have cramps w/ my period and a lower back ache that would hang around a good while....so that made them VERY different than anything I have ever had before....hence the concern, but the dr is confidant that it's normal, especially for a 3rd baby and explained what to watch for. I have also heard the whole thing about drinking more water...I swear though I'm going have to sit on the pot all the time if I drink anymore!lol...but I know I have be outside alot lately and I'm sure dehydration is probably playing more into it than I realize!....thanks for the comments and helpful hints...I do appreciate it, it's nice to know we have all be told the same thing at some time or another! :) It's hard to believe that I will be 29 weeks on Sunday, time is still flying by. When I was pregnant w/ Ian and 29 weeks life was a VERY DIFFERENT story! I was in SO much pain, it was near Christmas, we were about 4 weeks into Alex's recovery and my body was shutting down on me...Christmas night I took Alex and Emma out to his dad's house...stupid, stupid of me...I knew better, I was in NO condition to do that...but we went, I got sick there, had to leave before desert, and couldn't even get them out of the car when we got back to mom and Gary's. I started throwing up from pain that night...poor Alex couldn't even help me, all he could do was get in his wheelchair and knock on mom's door to come and help me, I couldn't even get out of bed...the dr's was clueless as to what was causing the pain and I felt like they didn't believe me...they basicly overdosed me on muscle relaxers to make me stop throwing up....as a last ditch effort before heading to the ER...which worked, until they wore off! The next day they sent me to physical therapy to which I had NO understanding of what they were going to do to help me...by the grace of God they had a cancelation otherwise they told me it would be a week until I could get in!lol....no way I was waiting a week! The therapist, God bless her, I'll never forget her, she will always be a hero in my book, took one look at me and said, how are you even walking or fucntioning? "Honey, you have tilted your pelvic bone and every muscule in your back is torn...I can't believe you are even walking...I just sat there and cried, FINALLY someone believed I was in pain!ALOT OF PAIN! After she adjusted me, it was immediate relieve...I promise that pain is the worse pain I have ever felt in my life...way worse than labor ever was. Don't ask me where that story came from, other than I truly feel like this pregnancy tears and all has be a breeze and I hate sounding like I'm complaining about the braxton hicks...they are strong, but they are NOTHING compared to what I dealt with with Ian! I do feel like I am "done" and ready to have this baby...but atleast the days are still flying by, w/ Ian, I felt like everyday lasted forever and time seemed to move SO slowly! Yet even as I rehash a story...it all seems like a blur to me...like I lost those 4 months while Alex was recovering. It's funny, his Mom said just the other day that she never realized I dealt w/ so much w/ that pregnancy...I guess I even felt that way, we were all so focused on Alex and everything going on w/ him that until that Christmas night when I couldn't do anything but throw up, I didn't realize how bad a shape I was in...anyway, I am SO THANKFUL that this pregnancy has been so easy...only 11 weeks to go...I hope, BUT I'm not known for having my babies on time!lol...but it won't stop me from hoping! :)

5 comments:

Susan said...

so maybe low iron is my problem as i'm weepy all the time too (or i'm having a sympathy emotional state). glad you figured out what is going on and can remedy it with iron pills. this will definitely help you in the weeks to come. (and don't ask why I'm up at 2:25 am commenting on your blog - it's all very weird, i'll have to tell you in person - lets just say, my upper half is exhausted, but my lower half won't relax)

Shannon said...

I think we are ALL emotional when we are pregnant. I cried over everything, lol. You guys have been going non-stop, and your body is saying rest, rest, rest. I hope the iron pills help! I had acid reflux (common with twins) and couldn't even drink water without the burning. I finally told the doctor and was SO relieved that I could take something for it. Feel better soon!

BE said...

I hope the iron pills help out. I haven't experienced the low iron, so I can't even begin to understand. Nor can I understand all you went through with Ian. I thought Bailey's birth experience was bad, but your pregnancy may have been worse or at least as bad. Hope your pregnancy from here on just gets easier.

Heather's World said...

Awww! I know all too well about the crying thing. I was about to cry just reading about you crying! And I know that Jake thinks I am crazy most days! :-) But, he has been really supportive. God bless him, he really has! Lol!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis! My nephew is going to be as gorgeous as his brother! I love those 3D pictures! I can't wait to see him and hold him! Hope you are feeling better with your iron pills! See you soon! Love you! Aunt B