Sunday, August 10, 2008

has anyone ever....

used cloth diapers? Alex and I are considering trying them out on Eli...but I know NOTHING about cloth diapers...so I have been looking and now I am SO confused! Can anyone help me out? I need all advice I can get...I am looking for a good kind, prefold or not, I am looking for how it goes....loved it, hated it, constant rashes....I am also looking for where to buy them...so far, I don't know anywhere local that has them. Also I need to know what I need to go w/ them...covers, inserts, what's necessary? HELP, can you tell I am stepping into water I know NOTHING about! If you have ever used cloth diapers I am desperate for your thoughts! PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

Also, I am curious as to why you chose to use them...so tell me your story and your thoughts!...I am excited to see what you think!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out this blog...

http://4littlemen.blogspot.com/

She is a mama who uses cloth diapers. You may have to search a little. Or just email her, she'd be really happy to help!

BE said...

Ooh! Me! Me! I used them with both Graham & Luke! I'll do a mini blog for you about the different kinds and what I liked and worked for us. Also check out www.diaperswappers.com for a ton of info or www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com and read their basics info for more good info.

K said...

You've mentioned Concord Mills before, and I know a gal who has a "store" at the Black Lion there with cloth diapering stuff. If she's there, she'd be happy to explain all about cloth diapers. She also has an online store: www.mybumblebaby.com if you wanted to email her from there to see when she's at her store.

BE said...

Hey, Beth!
I found a couple more websites that have good deals on packages.
1. Economy Package has 3 dozen infant prefold diapers and
4 bummis super whisper wraps for $71.20 plus shipping at www.clothdiaper.com

2. Bare Minimum Package has 24 Infant Chinese prefold diapers (4x8x4) fits 7-15 lbs. 24 Premium Chinese prefold diapers (4x8x4) fits 15-30 lbs. 20 Prorap Classic diaper covers - 6 newborn (6-10 lbs.), 6 small (9-14 lbs.), 4 medium (13-25 lbs.), and 4 large (24-35 lbs.)for $199.00 and free shipping at www.nickisdiapers.com

Both of these are reputable places online and they also have more packages to choose from. Just thought I would let you know since you were pretty sure you wanted to go with prefolds. -Brandy

Shannon said...

We looked into it "briefly" when we found out we were having twins. With no diaper service around, it wouldn't have saved us any money or time.

Patti's Chat said...

Hey Beth - I used cloth diapers back when Ms. Heather was a baby - golly, almost 17 years ago. Anyway, there was a delivery service that took away the soiled diapers and brought me clean ones weekly. We have just learned from our son's urologist that there could possibly be a link between the use of disposable diapers and a layer of skin that obstructs their urine flow. I commend you for trying cloth diapers cause it seems they are the best way to go.

4torock said...

No help with the diapers but... Thanks so much for the comment- I sooo just love ya girl- and I am so excited for you in your journey towards homeschool:) So you might have little man b4 I see you next LOL but I am thinking and praying for you all:) xxoo