Thursday, August 21, 2008

a quick baby update

My doctors appointment went really well on Tuesday. I had gained a little weight, so they were happy about that. Everything w/ the baby looked great which I am so thankful for....so the plan is on my next appointment which is Sept 4th I'll be almost 37 weeks and I will have an ultrasound at 2 and see the dr at 2:30. At that point depending on what the u/s shows 1 of 3 things will happen. 1. everything will look great...I keep wait on Eli's appearance!...which is the option I am rooting for! :) 2. the fluids are decreasing(but not considered low) and they will put me to bed for about a week or so...won't be fun at all... this will be SO hard on the kids! 3. the fluids are low or near low and I'll have a baby that day. So as you see, I know what could happen, but won't know what will happen until then! The dr is confidant that everything will look fine for the 1st u/s, he seems to think it will be between 38 and 39 weeks that the change will take place....but he is quick to say, it's just a guess, an educated one, but still a guess. Medically there is no reason my fluid should be low...I have had the perfect pregnancy, but my history says otherwise....there was no reason my fluid should of been low w/ Emma or Ian either...so there is a chance it won't happen again! Some days I think it would be nice to have this baby here in 2 weeks, but I am a little worried about being induced at that point and my body not being ready to deliver. As the dr said, it's not likely that I'll go into labor before my due date on my own, I don't seem to have baby's early, so most likely I am looking at an induction at some point, the question is WHEN? Well, any way it works out, baby Eli should be making his appearance in the next 36 days!...I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Have they estimated how much he weighs at this point? Just wondering. The buddies were 4 weeks early (normal for twins) S weighed 7 pounds and was 21 inches long and G weighed 6 pounds and was 19 1/2 inches long. Everything was okay and we all left the hospital after three days. So, I am saying that he can still be big and be born early and be just fine. Remember to rest and don't be afraid to ask for help from friends and family. I was too stubborn to ask for help with things like grocery shopping, and nearly went into labor after trying to do it by myself about two weeks before my scheduled c-section. He'll be here before you know it. :)

farmersdaughter4ever said...

They haven't guessed his weight yet, I think they will do that at his next appointment...but then w/ Ian they said they thought he was smaller than Emma, she was 6 14, and he was 8 1, so I'm not sure if I trust them on the weight thing! :)

Shannon...those were to big babies to be 4 weeks early!...how big were your other 2?

4torock said...

I can't believe it's almost time!! I miss you and PLEASE let me know if you need anything.. even some icecream delivered to your door- I soo can do!! :) love ya
Kate