Sunday, August 31, 2008

carmel brownies, grapes and orange juice

yep that's what I wanted, and am eating for dinner as I type! NOW I must start by saying, we had a "good for you lunch" so I'm allowed to have a wacky dinner!...right? LOL! Not that I care if you say no, I'm eating it and you can't stop me....spoken like a true pregnant...who has been nesting all afternoon! :) Now you also have to be told, don't get your hopes up, w/ Emma and Ian both I nested like 5 times b/f there actually arrived!...so I am sure this is phase one of multiple times of cleaning and moving of things in our house!....POOR ALEX! He does so well putting up w/ me through this time of craziness!

We had planned to clean yesterday...BUT a water pipe busted at the end of our neighborhood and ran so long it flooded a house on the main street!....I felt so sorry for them. So we were w/o water for the whole day....we last minute decided to go to Matthews Alive for the morning b/c they at least had porta potties!lol!....well it was HOT HOT HOT, so we didn't make it there very long, maybe about an hour or so. Then we packed up everything we were planning for dinner, for Cathy's (Alex's mom) birthday dinner (which was suppose to be at our house) and our clothes so we could shower and headed to Mimi and Granddaddy's for the rest of the day! We couldn't even rinse our breakfast dishes out!...my mom would of had a heart attack! :)

SO needless to say, we cleaned today...we went to church this morning...it was AWESOME as usual and the first time Alex and I have been "normal" attenders in about a year! I was nice to go in on time and be together the whole time...to drop off the kids together and pick them up together...BUT I already see us missing the people we got to "hang out" with while we were volunteering...so I'm not sure how long we'll be able to stay out....we'll see! Then we went and did our grocery shopping, came home and ate some lunch and still had everyone down for a nap by about 1:30 or so. After nap is when the cleaning began....lot's of stuff to the attic, lot's of boxes removed(those were from canning...that had been making there home in my kitchen...but not anymore!) Ian's room got rearranged...working on some idea's there, but nothing set in stone! some furniture moved around in the den/kitchen....I love the change, and it made room for the cradle to come out of our room and into the den! YEAH! ummm then of course the normal, dust,vac, bathrooms, changing sheets...ALL "STUFF" put in it's place, mopping, windexing, fan cleaning, washing clothes, folding and putting away...we did wash our quilt and put it out to dry....and the list goes on!..lol, I told you I nested! Now if only the baby would come before I felt to need to do it all over again! At one point today Alex told me to take it easy, I just laughed and reminded him the dr said this baby could come all it wanted to after 36 weeks...well I'm 36 weeks today....so braxton hicks come on! :)

Well at least my house is clean for the week...tomorrow we are headed to Emerald Pointe w/ Brandy and her family...and house work will not be on my mind! LOL Water Park here I come!...maybe one of those slides will put me in labor! heehee! JUST KIDDING..y'all know I WON'T have this baby early on my own!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

PLEASE stay off the water slides! Relax under an umbrella today and have fun. I know the kids will have a blast, mine LOVE the new waterpark stuff at Carowinds for little ones. Haven't been to Emerald Pointe in years.

farmersdaughter4ever said...

are you kidding me...sit and RELAX, is there such a thing w/ 2 kids and a new place they have never been to?...I doubt relaxing will be on the schedule, but FUN will be!

4torock said...

So when u coming to clean my house-- that IS considered nesting too, RIGHT???? LOL Have fun!!