Saturday, August 23, 2008

ok so here's the room!

I finally took some pictures for Emma and Eli's room! I must admit, as I looked at the pictures, I am still frustrated at how crowded the room looks!...it is better in person, but it will always be tight! Here goes...

this is as you walk in, Emma's bed is in front of the door...her shelves facing you




Next this is the wall beside the door, the pictures I took in Hawaii and the top one was the theme of Emma's baby room....I already had the prints and frames, all I did was paint the frames purple and red....the flower hooks were a steal I found at hobby lobby and then I painted the one purple...Emma wanted to leave one pink:) The closet door has to be fixed AGAIN! It has been giving us trouble for a while, Alex has put it up about 4 times and now it's in the garage until he get a new track put up...I'm hoping next weekend! :) SO normally there is a sliding door there and it looks junky w/o it, I am still struggling w/ the closet and what to do, I don't want to spend anymore money in their room...SO it might just stay as it is...we'll see






Next are pictures of Emma's side...There is the top of her bed, and her bedset...she has a purple shelf which holds everything important!...lol...her trophy, her cinderella, lipgloss...which she uses every night before bed, her water cup..also every night! and a portable dvd player..our dvd player is acting up and won't play any princess movies..go figure! SO we put the portable dvd in her room and she watches them in there...it nice for quiet time! There is a picture of her at 6 weeks over her bed w/ her name (that is crooked b/c she plays w/ them!lol) Under her bed, is her desk, and her "living room"...she was originally calling it "club Emma" thanks to Madison!lol, but I have her convinced to call it her living room since it has her princess couch under there!lol!...she doesn't even know what a CLUB is!...she LOVES being under there in her space!







ok so there are 2 of the same picture, I'm not going to try and figure out how to delete one of them for fear of messing up the rest!...sorry! :)

Next is Eli's side...he too has a frame for his baby picture, which for now has a u/s pic in it....well, it looked funny w/ nothing in there! and his name...pain, hated those letters...getting them painted and hung was probably the most difficult thing I did in the whole room!lol! He crib was Emma's then Ian's..it's been a good crib! I did add the red pegs to the end, which I picked/u for fifty cents at Michaels...(Emma has one behind the door) Now about the changing table...well, I am planning ahead, Ian has toolboxes in his room for his drawers, so I wanted to go ahead and get Eli's matching and the toolbox was on clearance SO...hence the toolbox changing table and the reason I used red on his side! the basket on the floor will hold diapers...probably the cloth ones and the basket on the wall is for those odd and ends like lotion, and diaper cream and passies and passy holders and you know "stuff" the bouncy seat is driving me crazy there, but for now, that's it's home (note that the bouncy seat matches Emma's babydoll pack in play and swing...she is very proud of that!) I found the baskets under the crib and the one on the wall and the one for the diapers at Michael's at 50% off of course!...I really like them, and they work much better than the original plan of wooden crates and didn't cost me anymore! Last is the "crush" picture on his wall...yes I meant to put it that high so he won't grab at it as he get's bigger! :) Again, Michael's had the print at 40% off it was around $6.00 and I had the frame, which I painted! I am happy w/ his side of the room, now I just need him to come out and see it! :)








so you can't see the "crush" picture...but it's a cute print from Nemo w/ crush, squirt, marlin and dory...fit's the room perfect!

As far as how much I spent...well, lot's of spray paint!...naw not really. Let's see..we painted, so $20 there, I did buy spray paint so total $15 there, Emma's chair was given to us and I painted it, so free! all the frames I had, just painted..again free, her mirror, already had..again, just painted...free again! Her bed was her birthday present...we got it at slumber kids (which apparently isn't there anymore, sorry Brandy for sending you there to look for Graham!) Alex took cash and did his thing, so we got it for $800 (retail $1100) All the baskets cost me $40..the most expenisive thing I bought! the 3 flower hooks were $6.00 from hobby lobby. and I got another set of plastic drawers at walmart for $15. Emma shelf was around $5.75 (hobbly lobby w/ a 40% off coupon) and then I brought the 2 sets of pegs and in the closet 2 wooden flower begs at Michaels for $.50 each...the flower pegs I left wood for now, they are great for holding bigger bags back on a slanted wall at the end of there closet!...so that's is..let's see, what's the total? Right around $103.75 not including the bed for Emma...which we were getting her b/f we knew we were even having a baby!...SO I am happy, and Alex is happy, I didn't break the bank!

Soon I want to blog about Ian's room, it still needs a little help to make it as cute as the "E"'s room! I took pictures of his room so y'all can help me figure out what I should do...but that's for another night!

Let me know what you think of the "Hawaii pool" room as Emma calls it!

7 comments:

BE said...

Very cute! I love how you pulled the 2 different bed sets together so well! You did a great job and it is well organized, so it doesn't look too crowded. Good Job, Beth!

Shannon said...

Very cute. Love her loft bed!!! Too funny that she calls it the "Hawaii pool"!

Heather's World said...

I love it! The room is so bright and it looks like so much fun!

K said...

The room looks great! It's making me wish I had a loft bed with a desk underneath (not sure my husband would like that :)

4torock said...

SOOO cute- ur so creative ( and I LOVE the vera purse Emma has hung up!) :)

Jenny said...

LOVE IT!! It's so cute and very well organized!

EBhasADDitude said...

very cute room! I hope BOTH "E"s are using it soon