Thursday, August 21, 2008

how many times can you clean the same kitchen in one day?...let's count together!lol

The first time was early this morning...after breakfast, I put our breakfast dishes and canning jars in the dishwasher first thing, I wiped everything down, especially the table as it was forgotten by Alex last night(not complaining, he did do the dishes and I am VERY grateful for that!)

The second time was after making applesauce part 1...which is the peeling and cooking part! It makes such a BIG mess. the apple peeler sprayer juice EVERYWHERE! and then the pots bubble on the stove really nicely making the stove a stickly mess!

The third time was after dinner...which first the dishwasher had to be unloaded and then reloaded, and everything wiped down...note I didn't forget the table!lol

Now for the forth time...cleaning up after canning, not to bad, just big pots...heavy pots...hot pots! and putting away the rest of the canning "stuff"

Of course I will still have lot's of jars on my counter tomorrow morning to put away, but there's not much I can do about that tonight.


SO I'm not sure if this is a new record for me or not, but I don't want to clean a kitchen again for a while, and it's a good thing mom took us out for lunch or I might of made it to 5 times today!lol! Oh and did I mention that I am 8 months pregnant and leaning over a sink all day isn't my idea of fun!...Shannon, I'm not doing so hot on that resting thing. I haven't set down all day except to eat and right now...all that's left is one more canner and then I'm done...well, except the whole other bushel of apples I still have to can...but that's for another day! :) LOL. It's a good thing homemade applesauce taste SO good!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Whew, I hear you about the sink part. I couldn't reach over my belly and turn on the faucet when I was that far along, lol. It was so uncomfortable that I had to sit on a stool to do anything in the sink. Is the applesauce for everyone or just baby-food?

BE said...

Rest, Beth, rest. But yeah, homemade applesauce is the best. Yum. My kids had so much fun with yours the other day, and Shaun said we need to do that more often.