Saturday, October 27, 2007

Freaked them out, cracked me up!....must be a mommy thing

Tonight we went to the fall festival at Sardis Baptist Church.....the kids had so much fun. The CUTEST thing was when Emma, Savannah and Ian did the obstacle course.....they had a blown up one where you climbed a little wall, then went through a little maze then under a bar then through a tube....it was SO FUNNY....they were TOO CUTE....everyone around was stopping to watch them.....and they wanted to do it over and over! The funniest was Ian wanted to be first SO bad! Kudos to Sardis for doing a great festival, we really enjoyed it!


SO I haven't had many blogs about Ian, I know he is the younger and not talkn' to much yet, but he deserves some spot light too. So what can I say....he is ALL BOY, and I love every bit of it.! Although today he kissed his cousin Jackson and I thought Alex and Jonathan were going to freak! But it cracked me up....come on Mommy and Grammy want bye kisses....doesn't everyone?.(Todd, I promise I won't let him kiss Davis! LOL) Ian is totally differant from Emma, He is outgoing, and very friendly to others, not reserved, he loves to talk, althought it's not much English yet....mostly Ian language, which can be very difficult to decode!....he is a total copycat of his sister, and truely believes he can do the same things she can including pottying! He loves to make people laugh, the more you laugh the longer he will do whatever it is that is making you laugh! (a good and bad quality!) He is such a sweet boy, but also starting to test his boundries....always seeing what is allow and not! and then retrying to make sure I remember too! He responds well to "no"s and normally chooses to walk away. He has a easy-going personality, which reminds me of my dad. He has some of my dad's personality, which is very cool to me. Dad didn't upset easily, but when he did stay out of his way!...Ian seem to have acquired those sames traits, but not all....for if you wake him from his nap....watch out....if you keep him from his meal....watch out.....if you keep him out to late....watch out. BUT if you keep his little perfect world in order then he will be all smiles and laughs....just don't rock his boat! Or take his teddy for that matter, he has this teddy (2 actually....b/c after Emma I got smart!) and he takes his teddy everywhere...actually this past week one of the teddys spent the week at Elevation in a box I'm sure! I hope to bring him home tomorrow!....so teddy even goes to church...we tried to leave him in the car, but the teacher asked for him....teddy is popular! lol....oh well, he won't take it to school....of course if I homeschool then it won't matter...I'll hide it before he gets married! LOL
I have recently decided to start taking applications for his wife, I can tell now I will need to hand select her (especially if teddy is still around!)so if you want to want to apply for your daughter send it to my email and I'll let you know in about 18 years! LOL J/K
I love being a mother to a boy just as much as I love being a mother to a girl...a friend told me once that there is nothing like the love of a little boy and I agree...now if I can just get him to show that love to his sister I'll have it made! I can't wait to watch him grow and see what's next, the words, the bugs and worms.....the balls and bats, the mud and stains....bring them on, I love every minute of it!
If I can get my computer to let me download some pics....something which must be a "mac" issue....then I want to download some of Ian and then some I have of my dad...they looked so much alike at the same ages...my grandmother always told me that Ian looked like my dad, but then I got some old pic and he really does...it was amazing...same smile that's for sure! He was so laid back as a baby...well even now, it truely does remind me of dad....I told people when he was a tiny baby that I wasn't sure how I was going to tell him "no"...it would be like telling my daddy "no"...but I figured it out! He is one of those kids that when told "no" he sticks out that bottom lip as far as it will go....then looks at you w/ those big blue eyes and totally pouts! It's all I can do to keep a straight face! He cracks me up! Ian, you have brought such joy into my life, I hope as you grow up you will NEVER doubt how much I love you! and I will always take your kisses! :)

No comments: