Thursday, October 18, 2007

painting, not so peaceful! LOL

Ok so today I had this bright idea that I would get an early start on Christmas presents and go and let the kids paint some pottery....I planned it all out w/ a good friend of mine, Chelsea and we took our kids four total and went of to ClayEscapes (which by the way is an AWESOME place....they are my heroes!) So in my head, I invisioned....lol....atleast I'm laughing about it....now.......so my vision! My kids sitting together, w/ paint brushes in hand, sharing a platter for grammy and having the time of their life....hehe. YEAH RIGHT. So reality, Emma, she did ok, whined alot today, and only half-listened, but still sat, well sorta, and did seem to enjoy painting! IAN on the other hand, screamed the whole time, and I thought he was going to bite the lady (ms. ashley...I'm SO sorry!) when she tried to do his handprint on the platter! lol....let's just say he didn't take to well to his hand being painted! he kept saying NOOO....NOOOO, and tried to tuck his hand under his chin!.....I was at the point that I wanted to crawl under the table....I know ya'll are thinking that his little, but you weren't there! Ask Chelsea....yeah her kids were great, ok well mostly! lol....Anderson was perfect! as always! and Anagrace was good to, the girls just wanted to touch everything and all I could see was $ signs floating around and the idea of paying for the broken stuff! So now that I am home w/ my kido in the bed, I sit here and think, WHY in the world did I have that image in my head, that we would go into a pottery place in and my kids would be happy to just sit and do nothing but what I tell them to do....seems so dumb when I say it that way! Hmmm, guess I'll have to think about that one some more. If I had, had a better idea of how it would have really been maybe I could/would have better prepared/steeled lol myself for the event! yeah right! lol
Ok so here is the funniest part of all! On the way home I explain to Emma, that what we did today was a surprise for daddy and grammy for Christmas and it was a secret.....lol.....like I said, atleast I'm laughing!.....so as soon as Alex walked in the door Emma says...."daddy I painted a mug for you and it's a secret for Christmas!" GREAT! All my hard work and now he knows! i didn't think to tell Emma that a secret means we DON'T TELL DADDY! LOL I asked her if she knew what a secret was and she says
"a present we give to daddy at christmas"???? She had no clue! It was so funny! Oh well it's the thought that counts....once she realized that she wasn't suppose to tell, she goes back to Alex and says "daddy I need you to forget I told you about the mug I painted for you.....but it's green!" I about hit the floor that time!.....SO FUNNY! Never trust information to a 3 yr old!...although she did better w/ grammy, she didn't say anything, but I had moved her on to her christmas clothes by the time grammy came for dinner, so I guess the platter was off her mind! lol....I'm sure she will remember soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are hilarious!

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

so funny! i can picture the entire scene! just remember "it's the thought that counts", ha-ha. i don't think we will be painting gifts for Christmas now. ha-ha. you will have to fill me in on this new place though!
:)

4torock said...

LOVE IT!! I have many great ideas like these ( by the way great job starting early on Christmas- way impressed!!:)), But usually goes way opposite as I would have invisioned it! LOL! Take care and we might have to try that place out except I am having a backup
(daddy maybe?) with me so the whole store isn't painted with the Walser's fingerprints!! :)

Susan said...

Really now, what did you expect? But just think of the memory you made and the story that goes with the pieces you made. Alot of love went into them!

Chelsea said...

So funny...love Emma's explanation of what a secret is and then telling Alex to forget...HILARIOUS! It was stressful, but fun at the same time. I'm looking forward to a "mommies only" painting session! Let me know when you're ready to try it again! Coloring books, crayons, more snack....and maybe some Ritalin?!LOL