Wednesday, October 10, 2007

praise and grief....good and bad.....which one to deal with first!

I find it interesting that there are mulitiple times in my life that the good and the bad, the great and the sad comes at the same time. Like when my daddy died, he died on May 6th and I got married on June 9th, a little less than a month later, I didn't know how to take the comment at the funeral "I'm so sorry about your dad, but congrads on your marraige" as you can see, those things don't mix well. I felt, like how am I suppose to be happy and sad at he same time. I revisited those same feeling when I actually got to my wedding day. I should have had the most exciting day of my life that day, but instead there was a HUGE void...the person who should have walked me down the aisle, my cheerleader, my daddy was not there, yeah people told me he was there in spirit, but for me he wasn't there, he let me down.....and it was extremely bitter-sweet. The next time I felt this way was when Alex had his accident...I was SO greatful he was alive,...I understood very well that he should have been dead...but I honestly didn't know how I would walk the path of recovery at that time.....it seemed never ending! Well, it has happened again and this time it has been interesting to seen how differantly I feel and deal w/ it. On Friday we received an answer about our car....and praise God, it was an amazing only God answer! If you know Alex, you will have to check out his new ride! lol :) We (Alex and I) prayed for his accident to not have a negative affect on our family and that we might be left in a better place than before.....God answered us fully! and we are so excited, not just about the car, but being able to see God's hand in something so clearly is amazing and so exciting! Also on Friday Alex received his promotion! (sorry I have to brag a minute!) He is such a good worker and God has given him such an ability to understand technical things....God has blessed him so much in the last few years w/ his job and I know in my heart that it is b/c Alex takes his responibilty as head of our house so seriously. He has an undying need to serve our family and to make it possible for me to stay home and raise our children. Thank you Alex for that, I love you!....SO as you can see we were flying high on Friday, we went out Friday night to celebrate and had so much fun!
Saturday I found out that Kelly and her brother and sister had been called in to her dad's house and her dad passed away on Saturday afternoon....it was alot soon than they expected...of couse it wouldn't have mattered if it was another year, you are never ready to loose someone! I hurt so bad for Kelly, I know what path she will have to walk, but tears, the pain, the disappointment, the need to see and talk to him, and the total not understanding that she will face in the next weeks, months, years, it makes me numb for her. I sit here and think, why does good and bad come at the same time? I would love to be on the high still from all the "good," but yet the "bad" makes me sad, understandable so, but it's no fun to do both at the same time. Becca told me that I should be thankful that it's not just bad all the time, and you know she's right, it could be worse, it can always be worse! So that is what I am going to do, be thankful for the "good" and just walk through the "bad"....you know we can't grow and muture if there is no "bad" stuff, to make us more grateful for the good.

1 comment:

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

you are so right Beth! still struggling with this myself!