Wednesday, September 10, 2008

trying not to complain!....lol...

SO as you can guess, since I am posting I am back at home. All in all, the doctors appointment has left me right where I was before...waiting! The ultrasound was great, the fluid level was 13, which, yes was slightly less than last week, but still right where it is suppose be all in all. Dr. Sweeney did everything he could think of to try and send me to L and D...but every test was fine!...go figure! They did a stress test today and in the process saw I was contracting every 5 minutes...lol....so he thought about sending me over, but since all the other test were "so perfect" he thinks I'll go on my own in a day or so....LOL! Why am I laughing so much....well, as I said in a email to the girls in my small group, if I had a recording for every time I heard those words I could make a cd by now! With E, they told me 2 times that I would "be back really soon" and w/ I they told me on my due date that I would be back in 24hrs and yet a week later I was still pregnant!...so HE might think it will be a day or 2, but I don't think I'll get my hopes up! :) He is concerned that I am not sleeping...it's been 3 days since I slept at all, and told me to take something and get some sleep and that would help push me into labor...something about it's harder for a tired body to handle labor...so if your not sleeping then your body will actually prevent you from going into labor...SO I'm up for some good sleep, and the kids and I are going to spend the night at mom's so she can take them in the morning!...yeah for me!...I'm going to take some sleeping pills and SLEEP, hopefully!

Alex will be working late tomorrow night and has his last shut-down at work on Saturday night....here's the deal w/ that....he can't cancel it last minute, so he was asking me today if he should postpone it or not....I can' answer that! If he postpones it I might still be prego next weekend and still be in the same boat we're in now...and he'll be asking me again!....what to do, what to do! All I said, is that I would hate for him to miss the birth of his son!...what else do I say, I can't tell him when he's coming!...if I had my way, it would be NOW! But I feel like my luck would have the baby come on Saturday night...I can see it now, I go into labor around midnight, here by myself, and then I meet him at the hospital early on Sunday morning and he is going to be more tired than me having been up all night working!....not a good start to a long process of adjusting to a new baby and not much sleep! GREAT!...but then again, there isn't much I can do about it!

OK so my title was "trying not to complain" can't say I'm doing a great job of that...but I am thankful that everything is fine, and we can't even find a reason to take him out early!...I am glad that my fluids are holding nicely and I might actually have water to break this time, and shouldn't have to worry about him not having what he needs as far as that is concerned! Hopefully I will get some sleep which if nothing else should help me feel better emotionally(I had my record crying day for this pregnancy today....the count is 5 times...which started at about 6am this morning, but the days not over!lol) so I can survive the next few weeks...or at least til he decides to show us what he looks like! :)

4 comments:

BE said...

Oh, Beth, I am so sorry that you aren't getting any sleep. I hope by the time you read this, you will have had a good nights sleep. It's good that the fluid is doing well and just maybe you will go into labor on your own soon. Do you get to see baby Eli on the u/s or do they just check your fluid and that's it? Do they guess his weight? Yeah, I know most are wrong, but it's still fun to hear their guess.

Heather's World said...

Awww! I hope that he does come sooner than later! I can only imagine how tired of being pregnant you are! I will in the same boat soon enough! :-)

Jenny said...

Praying for a quick and speedy delivery! Can't wait to see pictures of you sweet little boy!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. I loved the times right after my children were born when I held them lying on my chest in the bed and marveled at what God had done. I am praying for a safe and yes, even wonderful, delivery.
Love, Judy