Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Eli Brice Helms

I know all y'all really care about it the pictures...but you have to hear the story too! He made his entrance into the world around 5:45 yesterday afternoon! He weighs in at 7 lbs and 12 oz. and is 21 inches long. He is a GOOD baby, so far, hasn't cried a bit....except the poking of the needle right after his birth! He is starting to nurse better, but at this point would rather sleep!

Emma and Ian came about an hour after he got here...both where very unsure of the whole thing...of course, he looked a little "weird" w/ all the goop and eye drops and stuff...SO they were pretty stand-offish. Ian just wanted me to "get up mommy...don't like bed" They left w/ Gary after about 45 minutes to watch a movie and wait for daddy to come and put them to bed. They came back w/ Alex this morning and were very excited to see their brother and Emma was VERY ready to hold him, now that he looked clean and cute! Ian still stood back, but was glad I was up and moving around...he too eventually held Eli..and did great and was so cute w/ him...you'll see the pics I promise!lol.

This was totally my hardest delivery yet, but we made it through, yes there were some tears...but no tearing...lol! Some complications, but nothing major, and he was fine the whole time! The dr and the nurses were great, no complaints there at all! We are all great, and VERY glad to have Eli on this side!...now, let the fun begin! :)










We will be going home tomorrow midmorning...I can't wait to get in my bed and sleep on my stomach! Last night I was up ALOT, they had to give me extra fluids b/c of a blood pressure problem...SO I peed all night long! LOVELY right!lol, so he slept and I was up!lol...go figure! Keep up in your prayers and come by and see the baby! :)


OH and happy birthday MOM!...I love you, thanks for spending your "big day" w/ me helping me w/ the kids and Eli...and ME!

17 comments:

Crystal B. Brewer said...

Beth... I have thinking about you and I am so happy you and Eli are doing well. I know you are relieved to have him and be able to hold him. It seems like the next six months will take forever before we can hold our twins. Keep uploading the pics. He is absolutely precious.

cb

BE said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! He is sooooo cute! Can't wait to see more of him. Call me if you need any help or just anything!

Heather's World said...

Awe! So exciting! I can't wait! Well, when I really think about I could wait a lot longer, but you know what i mean... :-) Lol! Congrats!!! He is beautiful!

Ken, Amy, & Will (for now) said...

congratulations! he is beautiful!! he looks so much like his big brother & sister!!!!

Blackson Connection said...

Could those pics be any cuter?!? Congrats! I want to meet him so bad. I will wait until my kids are all with someone else :) Glad to know that everything went well and the two of you are doing good!

K said...

What a cute addition to your beautiful family! Congratulations!

Susan said...

You know how happy I am for you all and he is beautiful! Thanks for inviting me to share in your day yesterday - it meant alot to me to come see you guys last night.... I'm looking forward to some holding time with Eli ... i'll have to get my baby fix through him... enjoy your few days of rest (which are almost over, then the fun really begins)... love ya!

dawn said...

Congratulations! Eli is adorable. He looks just like his big brother. I know you are so glad to be holding him now! Take Care! Dawn

Shannon said...

So cute!!!!! Love the pics of all three of the kids together. Sleep well tonight.;)

Julesmcg said...

Congratulations, Beth! I am so excited for you and thrilled to know that Eli is here!

Jennifer A said...

Congrats Beth! He's really cute, and I know you are so relieved to have him in your arms now. I'm so happy for you!

4torock said...

I am sooooo happy for you all!! He is here and what a beautiful baby!! I will email next week to see when would be good to bring you some food :) love ya girl and CONGRATS!!!
Kate

Anonymous said...

Wow, he looks just like Alex! It's a good thing you have Emma to carry on the other side of the Helms family! He looks like a "keeper" to me! We'll be praying for a smooth transition in your home. Just in case you never thought about it...you and Alex need two more named Inez and Oliver. Then you'd have kids whose initials were E,I,E,I,O!
Love ya, Judy Eddy

Katie said...

Congrats on a beautiful boy. Isn't it great to sleep on your tummy after not being able for so long. hehe I remember that thought too.
Cute pictures.
Congrats again and get some rest.

Jenny said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy that Eli is here!!! Emma and Ian look so cute next to their little brother!

Patti's Chat said...

CONGRATULATIONS BETH and ALEX! He is a perfect addition to your beautiful family! I should really get more disciplined about reading blogs daily - I hate I missed this news until now! Hugs to you all - I'll come by for a visit when you're settled in! Can't wait to snuggle my new little friend!

Anonymous said...

Your doing a great job handling all the kids. You get the best mommy award.