Friday, May 23, 2008

Emma's 1st dress rehearsal!

So we had our first night of dress rehearsal last night....we were almost late, something I HATE to be, but we got caught behind 2 accidents...yes 2! But we made, it got her dressed in record time and didn't miss anything. So let me describe the pace of the rehearsal for you...lol....hectic! Kids everywhere in costumes, mommy's and daddy's everywhere w/ cameras and camcorders...lol...we aren't allowed to type or take pics during the actual recital so it's now or never!...there were about 100 plus people there. So Emma, she sat quietly for a while on my friend Susan's lap, not having much to say...I was so holding my breath...then her group was called to come to the stage and she jumped off Susan's lap and walked herself up on the stage to take her spot..she didn't look back, she didn't even sniff! She got up there and did her dance...every step of it! I was SO PROUD of her! She loved it...every second of it. In fact we stayed late to watch the older girls..she only cried when I told her we had to go...it was almost 8:30 and she was starting to fade quickly! Needless to say, I think the next couple of days I can stop worrying so much about if she is going to freak out on me!...although I think every time they call her, I'll still find myself holding my breath!

Enjoy a few pictures!


Emma and some friends from her class!

Madison, Emma and Sidney...my friend Susan's girls

Emma in her poodle costume...yes she is a puppy dog...the cutest puppy you have ever seen!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Those pictures are so adorable! Sounds like it was a great practice!

Rockin' it up said...

She looks like she is concentrating very hard in the first picture--just like a pro! Very cute pix Beth. I bet she's having a blast!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness!!! Emma looks ADORABLE!!! Such a big girl! Go Emma!!
Susan's girls look so precious too!!!

4torock said...

I so agree..... she IS the cutest puppy EVER!!!! Go Emma on your performance! :)