Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tagged...forever ago...sorry Jenny that it has taken so long!

Ok so I am in a typing mood, I really do enjoy blogging, although you can't tell by the amount of blogging I've been doing lately.

Awhile back my friend Jenny tagged me...it was to do a blog about "my 10 favorite things about my husband" and I am sorry to say I am just now getting around to doing it! That sounds like I "put it off" as in I didn't want to do it, but that isn't the case at all, I have thought of this blog often, but haven't had the time to devote to it that I wanted..so I haven't tried until now.

SO here goes...

10. I love how hard Alex works for our family, that he doesn't take his job lightly, but takes his role as provider very seriously.

9. I love that he allows me and understands my need to stay home w/ our children...he wasn't given that as a child, but yet he has a clear understanding of the value I place on being able to do that and he supports that completely...he is the first to say that I do work HARD and I am "not just a mom" as the world sometimes views stay at home mommies.

8. I love to see him play his guitar....and singing, especially since his accident...I LOVE when he and Emma (and now Ian is joining in)play their guitars and sing their hearts out!...nothing can bring tears to my eyes faster than that!...

7. I love that he has no idea how HOT he is...lol...he truly doesn't have a clue...teenage girls still drool over him and he can't see it....I now find this SO FUNNY, but when I laugh about it, he is so stumped by it.'

6. I love that he will watch a "girlie" movie w/ me, he's not one of those guys that refuses to watch them...our movie watching is defiantly give and take!

5. I love that he can cook! and he enjoys it, he wants to do it!....yes, I have it made when it comes to the kitchen. He is quite able to hold his own, in fact, I'll even admit he cooks better than I do....so when I don't want to cook, or I'm not going to be home, that's fine w/ him, he can handle it...a nice thing when we have new babies in the house....w/ Ian he completely spoiled me and cooked for like the first 3 months after he was born....spoiled...

4. I love that he spoils me! He is always willing to help me out around the house...w/ the laundry, w/ whatever, I have to be careful to not take advantage of this :)

3. I love the he waited for me to be ready to leave our last church...he was patient w/ me and didn't push me or "make me" leave as he could have as head of our house...instead he waited for me to be ready to take the step w/ him.

2. I love that he let's me talk to him about everything, even about the "silly girlie" things, he will listen and always has great advice. More than once he has been right on situations even when I didn't want to hear what he had to say...he in the end would be right...and he never says I told you so, instead it has always been, I'm sorry it wasn't as you thought. He is always willing to talk about the issues we might be having w/ the kids and figure out together what we should do.

1. The #1 thing I love the most about my husband IS...he has ALWAYS been there for me, through the hardest times in my life he has been there. He walked beside me when daddy was sick, he held me endless nights as I cried, he smiled at me as I walked down the aisle having promised me he would come and get me if I couldn't do it on my own w/o daddy. He tried his best to ease my pain, but was willing to accept that he couldn't change what had happened w/ daddy. He held me again when I was overwhelmed w/ his accident even though he was the one broken and in pain. He has always been my knight in shining armor....I on the other hand don't think I learned to appreciate him as I should until about a year ago...I am now so thankful for what the Lord has given me....w/o Alex my life wouldn't be complete.

Alex, I love you SO much...thank you for all you are.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love number seven, lol. Landon will still say that people are looking at him just to get me to laugh. Haven't seen you around lately, stop by the blog and catch up.

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you had the chance to play along!

Hope you have a great day!