Wednesday, January 23, 2008

tears in his eyes

Do you ever have moments (for those of you who are married) where you are sure you love your husband now more than ever? I have those...every once in while...lately it's been more often....and I want to tell ya'll about one that made me SO proud of my husband...although it might embarrass him a little!
Last night we sat and watched a dvd that he had put together for his mom that was of her husband Eddie....he had spent the evening very productively making this dvd, editing it and watching Ian all at the same time....he was not only super-son but super -dad too!....after the kids were in bed, we sat down to watch it and he quickly found himself in tears....now if you know Alex, this isn't a common thing for him...he's just not a crier! I think it even surprised him a little....but I know he is not looking forward to his mother dealing w/ this loss...he has seen me deal w/ grief and I know he dreads it for her too.

Ok so the above was written a little over a week ago today...that night I didn't have a chance to finish my post...and I am just now getting back to it. Alex's stepdad, Eddie, past away this past Saturday morning, and we had the memorial service yesterday! I just want to say a thank you to all who were there for us, w/ phone calls, emails, flowers and food. and a special thank you to Chelsea and Justin for coming to the viewing (it was so nice to see the face of friends!) and also to Susan for keeping the kids and answering Emma's questions! lol...I couldn't have done it w/o you...thanks for letting my time w/ Alex and his family be stress free! and lastly I would like to say thank you to Weddington Community Church and Pastor Blake for all you have done for Cathy and Eddie over the last few years and especially over the last week...the food was enough to feed the 5000....thank you....the support you showed her was so great....thank you....your obvious love for her was breath-taking....thank you! I am so grateful to ya'll for everything!

my next post will have to be about all the questions Emma has asked through this process....as I mentioned above...she has been asking. She has talked to a few different people....people she is comfortable with talking to, mostly, me and mom, but also Alex and then she talk to Susan too....it has been really amazing how much of this she is able to understand...defiantly alot more than I thought she could...I have loved her child-like faith attitude...it is so refreshing!....but more on that later!

4 comments:

Lynn Savell said...

I know what you mean, when I fractured my foot and was unable to walk on it for a week, my husband stepped up to the plate, and took care of everything...the kids, cooking, helping me get in and out of the shower. He was being a servant to me and it opened my eyes to the role I have on a daily basis in everyone I encounter. Sorry about your loss

Anonymous said...

When we brought the twins home L had to do everything, as it was my third c-section, he was so great about all of it. It is so comforting to have someone to lean on in times of sorrow and in joy. When Granddaddy passed away in August he just held me and listened to me sob, he was just THERE. You are in my prayers.
Shannon

BE said...

Oh, Beth, I am so sorry about yours and Alex's loss. I will keep you guys in my prayers. I don't know what else to say. :(
On another note- love the cute pics in the TCP sweaters. I guess we still have the same great taste. B has the same sweater as Emma (big girl though) and G has the blue version of Ian (big boy). Luke has the layette version- last year to fit in that and just barely. Too cute. Love the matching jammies too.
Hugs- Brandy

Susan said...

You know I'm always here for you and your family and I was happy to have Emma & Ian with me for a few hours. (ANYTIME) And I'm so glad that she is comfortable talking to me - I hope she continues to feel that way as I plan to watch her grow up. Maybe someday she'll tell me things she doesn't want you to know...lol...