Wednesday, January 16, 2008

picking rocks

This week at BSF we learned about the parable of the sower found in Matt.13 WOW so much to learn from one parable!....for me I realized that I have truly been called out of rocky soil....into good soil. BUT, to make it from one to another....well, not to state the obvious, but the farmer (Jesus) must remove all the rocks. You see I can't do this alone, I can't decide to be like Jesus and expect that to be all there is to it...yes I must be willing to change, I must be willing to change at all cost...getting up earlier, going to a bible study where the bible is actually studied, reading my bible, praying, giving things over to God and leaving them there, choosing not to sit in my self pity....I must be willing to change these things, BUT, I can't decide to do that one day and expect the next day to look different. I can't just decide and it happen,....otherwise I will just be trying to do it on my own, and we all know that doesn't get us very far! Instead, I must allow God to show me what steps to take, allow Him to pick the rocks...so I can be removed from the "rocky soil"...which is the soil that causes us to have shallow roots in our faith...If I let Him pick the rocks instead of me, then it will be a lasting change, a real change, a change HE did, not me. How do I do this....??? Well, that is the question I have been wondering about over the last few days...and here is the answer I feel God has given to me....just do it...what is it?...give it over, pray, pray, read my bible, and then when God moves me through the holy spirit, just do "it"....do what HE says....if it is forgive, then forgive, if it is get up earlier, GET UP....that's the one for me!..lol...if it is open your eyes and see how you are really acting, open your eyes and admit it!....if it is read your bible, READ....seems so simple, yet I think this is something we all struggle with...you hear the saying "realizing it is half the battle"....well sometimes I think we forget about the doing it part....we can't ever change (we'll always be the rocky soil) if we ignore when God talks to us....b/c He can't remove the rock's if we aren't willing to UN-earth them...and if we will truly read and study God's word, HE WILL SHOW US what our rocks are..love ya'll

No comments: