Thursday, March 6, 2008

where oh where have I been?

I am sorry I have been so slack about blogging, but as I said before I am now spending my "extra time"...lol, if there is such a thing!....sleeping. I had a drs appointment yesterday and they did blood work so I am interested to see what my iron level looks like. Of course the dr reminded me that being pregnant and having 2 already is very different from bring pregnant and watching only one!....TRUE!...so I need to give myself a break and not try to be supermom....of course I wanted to laugh and ask if he knew who he was talking to....let things go, is he crazy!lol...of course he cracked me up and asked me if he needed to write me a prescription for a nap a day?...I asked if we could make it a nap a day AND no housework!lol...he said that sounded good for him, now if I could just convince Alex that those are the new rules around here!

So for what had been going on in our world since Ian's birthday...Ian had a well visit, and now weighs 26 lbs....Emma 25!...so little brother has now past big sister! Ian is growing well, he is still in the 15% for height and weight...so not a big boy, but still ALL boy...the dr was impressed w/ his talking...he asked if Ian put words together and as soon as the question came out of his mouth Ian looked up and said, "I wanta read book!...pleaseeeee!" It was so funny, and the look on the drs face!...he as like...well, I guess that answers that question!lol." Of course Emma was excited to tell the dr that we are going to have a baby!....I think the dr was more excited to see Emma actually talk to him ALOT! He commented on how grow up she is now and more comfortable w/ talking...and of course she answered all of Ian's questions for him...lol...it's so funny when kids do that. But like the dr said, Ian does his fair share of talking too!....so that's about all I can say about that!

Ian's parties both went great! Thanks to Susan helping out w/ the morning one, since I was struggling to keep my cupcake down!lol...gotta love morning sickness!~and he has more toys now than he knows what to do with! It is so good for the second to get his own moments! I was struggling w/ the "why worry about a party" I didn't really feel like doing it, or putting energy into it, but I am glad I did...he needs his moments too!
He was too cute at the family party on Friday night...after every present, I would tell him who it was from and then have him tell them thank you!...he would say "tank ewe, an onna (aunt Donna)" or who ever it was from, he always added there name...my sweet sweet boy!...talk about being a proud mommy!...he tried so hard to pronounce everyone's names...and if he wasn't sure, he would look at me and want me to say it again so he could learn it!...I love that he is so willing to try, even if it comes out wrong...Emma never tries anything until she has it perfect, but Ian will try ANYTHING...I love their personality differences!

So we hung low over the weekend, Alex was fighting a cold as was Emma, so we didn't go to church, we figured the 4th grade parents would appreciate if Alex didn't get their kids sick!...and both the kids were tired from a busy couple of days! I hate when we miss church though, Emma always ask all week when we are going to go to Elevation and she was upset when we didn't go!

Monday and Tuesday were great days...pretty normal, did some grocery shopping on Monday w/ Susan, we started shopping more at Sam's and splitting stuff...cheaper, yet not so much food you can't eat it all before it goes bad!...I'm loving that...it's a work in progress though, with some fine tuning needed! Tuesday was BFS, and it was Ian's first week, he did great! I was so excited, they just opened a "baby twos" class and it's perfect for him...one of his teachers is a good friend of mine, and she is awesome w/ them, so I am completely content w/ him in there...he was so cute when I dropped him off...he wanted to cry, and his lip was quivering...but Savannah marched herself right in the door like a pro and was excited to see her teachers and I could see his wheels turning...he was so thinking..."if she can do it, so can I"...that's momma's boy! already competitive!lol! Once he was in there, he did wonderful, Bionca told me he did very well...I am so excited!
Tuesday night I went to dinner w/ a friend from high school, I always feel so guilty when I do that, now don't get me wrong, I LOVED getting to catch up w/ her,we get together every couple of months, but I so want to see other "old"friends too, but I don't get the chance...and I was right there in Locust...it made me feel a little guilty...sorry y'all, I want to see you...let's plan something!

ok,...so that is enough rambling from me for one day!

3 comments:

BE said...

Sounds like a busy week! Glad that Ian's parties went well, but I hope that morning sickness is gone for you soon. Yeah, you need to come down here and get together with us. I was busy Tuesday, so I couldn't have met up, if that helps you feel better, lol! Next time, call and I'll come. That is if I'm not at the ballfield, it is ball season again! -Brandy

Shannon said...

I also shop at SAM's, but I don't have the not finishing the food problem, lol. I order mine on-line once a month, and then just drive up to the store and they are ready to go. I just pay and they load my car, so nice and time saving. I hear Bi-Lo also does that. You may need it when the baby gets here. I couldn't have done it those first years with the buddies without it. Two buggies of groceries, and one buggy of babies=not enough hands.

Susan said...

Glad I could be of help at Ian's party. It was great to be there to help him celebrate. Looking forward to our next shopping excursion.