Friday, November 30, 2007

what a trooper~my trooper!

No I'm not talking about one of my kids. I'm talking about my husband. Somedays I am hit so fully w/ the reality of all Alex does for me, for the sake of our family! I SO appreciate it and I don't tell him that often enough....so since he's asleep and I can't tell him...I'll tell the world instead! Yes it is not even 10 pm and he has been asleep for a couple of hours. WHY...well he had to work 20 of the last 24 hours! and has to be back at work in a couple of hours (1AM!)....he's had an unusual week to say the least! And on top of everything I have a "get together" for my bible study here in the morning and he's going to be taking the kids for me....then I have another meeting/party w/ oogles and googles on Sunday night and then another "girls night out" w/ my hmmm....what do I call them now...saying my "old MOPS table" sound bad....I'll just call them my girls! lol! So on Monday night I'm off w/ my girls for some yummy kubotos!...(kudos to Tracy for picking one of my favorite places to eat!....and lot's of kudos to her for keeping us together, nine monthes prego and all!...you are the world's best DGL!)...once again I'm leaving Alex w/ the kids! Now granted all these events are unusual for me and him...I don't normally have much going on at night. And he normally works a regular day!... I normally choose to stay home in the evenings b/c I like to spend as much time w/ him and the kids as a family as possible...and he normally walks in the door around 4...but all this stuff just sorta fell together as it has....and he is so graciously letting me go and not say a word...not one little bit of complaining. In fact today while he was working he kept calling to check on me b/c I was stuck home w/ 2 kids w/ colds(Ian and Emma) and 1 w/ an upset stomach(Savannah)....I think I set a new record for using up kleenex' and baby wipes!....lol!...and he called a couple of times to check on ME! I am loved! And to think that he worked late yesterday, came home after a 12 hr day, then got called back at 11:30pm and didn't come home again until 4 this afternoon and has to be back at 1 this morning....he even helped me give the kids a bath!....yep sorry, he's mine and I'm keeping him...so no he's not for sale or rent!
Alex, thank you for taking such good care of me...for choosing to take an adventure w/ me....for choosing me!. I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

4torock said...

so sweet!! I can't wait to see ya on Monday girl!! :)
LOve ya
Kate!

Susan said...

your words definitly show how proud you are of Alex. Hope he got to sleep and next week is a normal week for him.