Monday, February 16, 2009

powerwheels, camping, tax returns and a little more!

Hey everyone....just a quick note to let everyone know how much I appreciated the prayers. Mom is home and making a quick recovery! Thank you to everyone for the calls and the notes letting me know you care! Most of you know how hard it is for me to have mom get sick, it brings back such hard memories of dad being sick, so your thoughts are more sweet to me than you can even realize.

It's funny as you near the year anniversary of someones death, you seems to have this "idea" that "it's going to be different or easier this year" yet, it never is...this time of year is always hard for me...it's not like I go into depression anymore...it's more like I find myself just a little more sensitive to life...I have learned over the last few years to really try to shift my focus, not to not remember my dad, but to look for the things I can look forward to instead of the more obvious pain of what is missing.

So in honor of doing that...here is my list of things I'm looking forward too!

Ian's birthday! We bought him a powerwheels....he will be thrilled, but for now I am SO excited I can hardly stand it!

Going camping...the first of April we are going camping w/ Susan and her crew...6 kids, 3 tents and a mountain! Sounds like a blast to me...did you hear that Todd, we will have fun! :P

The NCHE conference, now this is one I NEVER thought I would be saying I'm excited about, but I am, I CAN NOT WAIT to get to the book fair w/ money to spend!

Our tax return!...we found out today what we are getting back! It is more than we expected and I am thrilled...it amazes me how God provides! (a shout out to Nathan for doing our taxes!)

My brother turns 30....heeheehe....I'm glad he's first! Let the planning begin!

Starting up the garden...I am SO ready to plant...I want it to be warmer so we can get out there and get it going....I am glad I'm not prego this summer so I can do so much more in the garden!

Well that is my spring line up...now I have some spring fever....I think I'll go and clean something!....next I'll have the summer line up....which will include but not be limited to Alex's birthday, our anniversary, vacation, gardening, starting up school, and lot's more!...stay tuned :)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Whew, you guys are busy, laughing about Nick turning 30, lol. Usually I dread the garden scene but this year I am looking forward to it also. Does that mean we are getting old?

farmersdaughter4ever said...

SHAME on you Shannon....NO we ARE NOT getting old! Of course if you heard my story of the lost phone you might think I'm getting old....but I prefer to think of it as going crazy, not getting old! heeheee!~

Susan said...

Hey - come by and pick up your blog award! Love ya! And I can't wait for our camping trip! It will be fun!

Susan said...

Okay, not sure if my first comment actually went through or not so...

Stop by my blog - I have a bloggy award for you!

And I really can't wait to go camping either. It's going to be tons of fun. And a true adventure. I wonder if they have WiFi in the mountains, hmmmm?

Love ya!

4torock said...

U forgot to add: Show Kate all my canning skills!! lol sounds like the best spring yet- we start our garden Thurs ( well the outside getting ready part....still growing my little seeds inside a little longer:) ) see ya and have sooo much fun camping!