Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I admit it....I just don't have time!

So if you haven't figured it out yet...I am struggling to find time to blog! Like right now....I shouldn't be sitting here blogging...no Ian needs to be getting to bed for his nap, Emma needs a shower, Eli will want to eat again in about an hour and a half, I need a shower and to be dressed before the delivery guys come for our building out back! Then Alex's dad is coming after the delivery....lol! I need to be working w/ Emma on her AWANA verse for tonight and we need to be ready to leave here by 4:30! SO...this seems to be the story of my life right now...there is always a "needs to be done" list...BUT, instead, I find myself holding a baby, playing w/ kids and LOVING being a mommy! Some days are tough, really tough, but most days have been awesome. It took me longer than I expected to jump in to a good routine...but the Lord showed me to slow down and stop expecting so much of myself...something I have always struggled with....now I know my limitations and am learning to actually enjoy them. I was in tears when Alex told me about his school schedule, and those days have been tough, but during this time, the Lord showed me that truly w/ His strength I can do it! Two weeks ago Alex and I started leading a small group on finances and again, I worried that it was to much...God showed me that when HE calls you to do something for Him, He will make a way and He has...and we are loving this new group of people and getting to experience part of life w/ them! It is always exciting to know that when you give your time to God and allow Him to decide how you are going to spend that time, then you can enjoy that time SO much more, b/c you know you are where you are suppose to be!...does that make since? I hope so! Anyway, all that said to say, I haven't had much time to sit and blog, I know in my heart it will be a long time before I can again....I will try to update when I can, but don't be surprised if it's not often.....know that I'm off holding my baby or teaching my oldest to read or "trying" to potty train my middle!

the kids are great, Eli is an awesome baby, and I think weighing in around 11 or so lbs, we have our next appointment on the 2nd of Dec...so we'll see then, but he has totally filled out....and we finally got the cloth diapers to work! I am LOVING them...L...O...V...I...N...G them! Thanks Brandy for all the help, I owe you one! Even Alex has learned how to change one! I am deciding if I want to go to them full time and try and take them w/ me places or not...we'll see, for now I'm still just doing it at home. I started WW and that has actually helped me SO much w/ nursing, Eli has been more content, it seems I wasn't eating enough before and now that I am on a point system I know I'm getting enough AND I'm loosing weight...which is a bonus! LOL...and yes I'm wanting to loose weight...I am done having kids and am DETERMINED to like my body...if that means loosing weight...then that's what I'm going to do! :)

Emma is learning like crazy...she will be reading long, I know it! We put off preschool until Jan. but she is determined to learn anyway....she just finished up her first set of swimming lessons which she loved and did great w/....we don't start back until January!

Ian is all boy, we "tried" to potty train, but I quickly realized that even though I might be ready, he's not...so we will continue to wait, he won't be 3 for a while, so I am not pushing anything...he's allergies are bad right now, but I am learning to expect that, this time of year, I hope to keep him out of the dr's office this winter....pray w/ me for that! It's hard to believe that a year ago this time we were learning about 80 something allergies that he had and feeling so overwhelmed w/ it...God had been faithful in giving us wisdom in dealing w/ them! He is such a trooper w/ his allergies and I am thankful we decided not to do the shots, but I hate seeing him so stopped up and the breathing treatments are not fun for him! He is great doing them compared to some horror stories I have heard, but it's not fun even though he doesn't fight it! He is talking like you can't believe and just recently found his imagination which is fun to listen to!

Alex are I are good, LOVING watching our children grow...we would NEVER trade our life for anything!

that should about catch everyone up! Now I am off to throw diapers in the dryer, and shower me and Emma at the same time...kill 2 birds w/ one stone...Ian is already in bed and I have 45 minutes til snacktime for Eli! :)

3 comments:

Susan said...

Time will come...just enjoy your babies now. I look at Davis and wish I would have known then what I know now and would have spent more time just holding him and being with him when he was Eli's age.

Shannon said...

I agree with Susan. It goes so quickly. Sometimes when you are in the midst of it all each phase seems never ending, but none of them truly last very long. Even the terrible twos, getting into everything and waiting on boys to be ready to poop potty, lol. Emma is going to love preschool. The buddies are sad on Tuesday and Thursday when they don't have it. It is flying by, and I know that they will be in school so soon. That makes me a little sad, but also giddy with joy. Hang in there.

BE said...

I'm glad the diapers are finally working out for you. I was getting worried. And I agree with the other posts- enjoy each moment with Eli that you can and don't feel guilty. Soon he will be wanting down to explore and you will wish for just one moment of being able to cuddle again!